Magazine/Website Reviews

good reviews so far , after long time cricket game got any score in 80 or above mostly its 6 or 70 range

Last edited:
Funny to see they havn't sorted out the spectator graphics...how many Monty Panesars can you count in the crowd in Ashes 09?

So the crowd is one of the biggest features of IC10...oh wait, no its not, its merely something people kinda want, but aren't too fussed.

They cant do everything, and from the feature list, they've done a fair bit, especially as all the problems with Transmission going down, restarting a new company, and then getting back on with the game.

Have you taken time to have a close look at the crowd in AAA titles like FIFA? They have shifting billboards! Seriously all that stuff is fluff. It's what happens on the field that matters...next you'll be asking for seagulls. There are many more fish for Trickstar to fry before then my friend!

Fair enough that crowd isn't a large detail but even NBA live and FIFA crowds have got better through time yeah? Just a minor sign of progress I think

Cheers Graham:

Just the first sentence is enough to want to stuff hedgehogs down your pants:

"It doesn't work as a straight simulation, because actually playing cricket is pretty tedious and playing simulated cricket is the preserve of madmen."

Why do these people even bother then?????

What a lousy so called "review" :facepalm

Here's an excerpt... "The big innovation is the power stick feature that offers precise analogue control of your batsman's strokeplay and allows all the impenetrable argot of the game free rein. Fine cut to mid-on to your heart's content. Batsmen are now also governed to a great extent by their emotions ? confidence is key and, unless you're biffing each and every delivery to the boundary, it will suffer."

The comments in bold say everything about the reviewer. Apparently the chap can cut to mid-on and confidence can only be attained and maintained by hitting 4s and 6s!

Why do these folks even bother reviewing anything if they are least interested and if the guy reviewing the game doesn't even know anything about it? :doh I am sure the reviewer didn't even play the game before writing the review.

These are usually just reviews for a small column on a tech page in a liftout buried in the middle of the paper.

More cricket related than that review was a headline down the page "Ed Balls hits out at Labour VAT election 'mistake'".

A bad review, but he is not a cricket fan at all.
If the game was near perfect and it is not, he would only
give it a 6 to a 7. I only care about you guys or a cricket fans
review. Still a bad review, i will look at ign in the future, they like cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread