Mahatma Gandhi

Originally posted by nikhilverma@Jan 21 2004, 05:50 PM
It's a very common phrase which was placed after cinema halls or government buildings or hospitals during british rule

Indians and Dogs not allowed
B) world changes my brother ,so does the whetherand so do people :thumbs:

To whoever who said that the Government must cut down on defense expenses, let me remind you something.

Without money spent on defense, you would not be sitting in your cosy bedroom and posting your comments here. We suffer for your well-being. We do not spend money for nothing. Even if a war breaks out now, India can challenge every country in the map other than China.

You guys talk about money spent. How many of your parents pay their income taxes properly? Money spent on defense is money spent on everything. A secure nation will develop more than the one insecure. Let one - just one - PAF aircraft fly into India, the very evening, the stock market will crash.

So, please stop commenting on the defense of our country.

BTW, Gorshkhov is infact a very good investment for the future. And, there are ports large enough to house the Gorskhov. It just depends on which wing of the Navy, it is going to be commissioned into. It is just a bit larger than INS Vikrant.

Originally posted by Iniyan@Jan 23 2004, 10:02 AM
To whoever who said that the Government must cut down on defense expenses, let me remind you something.

Without money spent on defense, you would not be sitting in your cosy bedroom and posting your comments here. We suffer for your well-being. We do not spend money for nothing. Even if a war breaks out now, India can challenge every country in the map other than China.

You guys talk about money spent. How many of your parents pay their income taxes properly? Money spent on defense is money spent on everything. A secure nation will develop more than the one insecure. Let one - just one - PAF aircraft fly into India, the very evening, the stock market will crash.

So, please stop commenting on the defense of our country.

BTW, Gorshkhov is infact a very good investment for the future. And, there are ports large enough to house the Gorskhov. It just depends on which wing of the Navy, it is going to be commissioned into. It is just a bit larger than INS Vikrant.
B) ur just saying it cuz ur in inthe indian air force

we dint have a full war with any country for the last 33 years and dont want to go to war ever ,not even with pakistan,india spends more money buying weapons ,india and pakistan r the two top nations in buying weapons in the world .

if a lady shops more then her husband earns ,it is natural their family will get bankrupt.
i agree with u that u guys keep us safe .but ur well paid to do that job .
and it is not ur problem if any indian is paying thier taxes .if u want to worry worry about the countrys leaders who gulp down half of the money .
even in kargil ,do u remember the coffin scam.or boffors scam .all the money was to be spent in for the defence or for the people working in defence .
and u say dont worry.we pay our taxes and thats the money that is being used .so we have every right to question .
and i can tell u there r many countrys who spend less money on their defence and still r more safer then india eg:uae.

btw Gorshkhov life is only fourty years and it is already 15 years old .

there r many technical flaws in that .once even a fire broke out in that ship .thats why it was rejected by the russian army.
but they said they will repair the ship and make it 70%new .

there r many technical flaws in that .once even a fire broke out in that ship .thats why it was rejected by the russian army. But they said they will repair the ship and make it 70%new.
Quote the so called 'technical flaws' on the Gorshkov?

we dint have a full war with any country for the last 33 years and dont want to go to war ever ,not even with pakistan,india spends more money buying weapons ,india and pakistan r the two top nations in buying weapons in the world .
No India does not need to go to war. But if attacked, we must defend.

if a lady shops more then her husband earns ,it is natural their family will get bankrupt.
Proof of that? I can prove you wrong. India has had the highest RBI reserves ever after its independence.

Ofcourse, we get paid. But we do not earn money sitting in a cosy air-conditioned office tapping a keyboard. We have families as well. We need to look after them.

if u want to worry worry about the countrys leaders who gulp down half of the money .
It can't be done by one person. This is not a military rule. The people choose their representatives. The leaders are made by the people. How many of the so called educated Indians vote. Hardly 30%. If these people know their fundamental right - I feel that voting must be made a fundamental duty - then we will not have corrupt leaders.

and i can tell u there r many countrys who spend less money on their defence and still r more safer then india eg:uae.
Because, they know that even if they spend, they cannot defend themselves.

and u say dont worry.we pay our taxes and thats the money that is being used .so we have every right to question.
and it is not ur problem if any indian is paying thier taxes .
It is my problem. Because, I am an Indian - a true Indian - I serve my country and am ready to die defending it, not someone who studied here in India and ran to some other country just because they offered more money. You have no right to question me.

Originally posted by Iniyan@Jan 25 2004, 01:15 PM
there r many technical flaws in that .once even a fire broke out in that ship .thats why it was rejected by the russian army. But they said they will repair the ship and make it 70%new.

Proof of that? I can prove you wrong. India has had the highest RBI reserves ever after its independence.

Ofcourse, we get paid. But we do not earn money sitting in a cosy air-conditioned office tapping a keyboard. We have families as well. We need to look after them.

if u want to worry worry about the countrys leaders who gulp down half of the money .
It can't be done by one person. This is not a military rule. The people choose their representatives. The leaders are made by the people. How many of the so called educated Indians vote. Hardly 30%. If these people know their fundamental right - I feel that voting must be made a fundamental duty - then we will not have corrupt leaders.

and u say dont worry.we pay our taxes and thats the money that is being used .so we have every right to question.
It is my problem. Because, I am an Indian - a true Indian - I serve my country and am ready to die defending it, not someone who studied here in India and ran to some other country just because they offered more money. You have no right to question me.
B) dont forget we nri bring back money to india .
and what we got .a kick on our woof!. do u remember the pravasi divas.
all the nri from europe and usa were given dual citizenship ,but for the people work in gulf ,who bring more money to india ,cuz mostly they r middle class familys,they work here and send the money to the family in india ,
but we were not given any thing ,they only said if u come to india and ur child wants to study here ,u dont have to pay nri fees,is that all what we get.

and plus spending more on the defence means ,less money will be spent on education ,health care and development.we need more jobs in india ,not more ships which only consumes money and cant feed the poor.

Originally posted by Iniyan@Jan 25 2004, 01:15 PM

so ur going to blame me for that. even a traffic police men risks his life daily .
but he is not given all the benefits that u guys get .

and in the last post u said that u suffer.

please tell me ur suffering .

B) and we run off to other country cuz our stupid gov spends more money on defence instead of job creating schemes

LMAO @ Squiz with the Carl Barron joke...i remember that. he is so funny

I remember a Robin Williams joke too about Ghandi, something like
"That's like going up to Ghandi and saying 'You are too intense'"
I don't even get it but its funny coz Robin Williams said it lol

but in all seriousness, could someone explain to me, as short as possible but with enough detail that gives me reasonable knoledge of the topic, what Ghandi actually did, when and where?

thank you.

Does Ghandi look like:

2002-august-carl-barron.jpg

hahahahahahahaha yer probably squiz

oh quickly b4 i go to bed so i can get up to watch The Royal Rumble tomorrow

i heard that the Indians from the North look different to those from the South

Like only those from the North have the Red Dot on their forehead, or vice versa i forget, and only one half wears Turbans...could any of you guys explain that???

Well basically people from the North are Indo-Europeans. They look more white but there are exceptions. People from South are Dravidians, so they look different. :thumbs:. The people who wear turbans are Sikhs. It is in their religion, I assume......

cool ths for that pal, you wouldnt happen to know anything about Gandhi would you?

i really dont wanna surf the net and look him up coz more than likely it will be long and complicated.

He was a guy who went to England to study. Then went to South Africa. He helped get the Indians rightd there. They were treated badly. He became famous and came back to India. There he led the people of India into freedom from the British. All he basically did was lead and set an example for the people. The people did the rest.... :thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread