Major League Cricket - USA T20 League - Let The Music Play!!

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters
I am not surprised by the outcome at all. Venky Mysore needs to be fired from operating all Knight Rider franchise’s. He has destroyed the franchises single handedly.
If sources are to be believed, Gambhir might make a comeback. Mysore is ok, but for them losing Joy was a bigger concern.

If sources are to be believed, Gambhir might make a comeback. Mysore is ok, but for them losing Joy was a bigger concern.
Do not think he will be able to save the franchise KKR specially if they dont make smart moves in getting right people in right positions.

Crowds flocked back to County Cricket in the 1970s due to 40 over cricket on Sundays then got bored and found something else to do, the T20 bubble is going to burst.
It is the same crap players in every league, why watch any of it.
If there was an International T20 league featuring only the top Test teams it would rate higher than this rubbish.
I could handle watching Pakistan and India playing 40 T20s a year, not hasbeens like Russell and Narine in every league.

Crowds flocked back to County Cricket in the 1970s due to 40 over cricket on Sundays then got bored and found something else to do, the T20 bubble is going to burst.
If there was an International T20 league featuring only the top Test teams it would rate higher than this rubbish.
I could handle watching Pakistan and India playing 40 T20s a year, not hasbeens like Russell and Narine in every league.
Can't we have a 16 team T20 world cup league featuring only the top 16 nations that runs for 6 months a year and features 30 games a team instead of Narine and Russell.

Wh
Can't we have a 16 team T20 world cup league featuring only the top 16 nations that runs for 6 months a year and features 30 games a team instead of Narine and Russell.
Who will watch it? The current World Cup and IPL format get boring after a point in time. In essence a World Cup should be a compilation of Round Robin+KO.

Leagues make for boring viewing, especially on an international level.

To be honest that is not the pulse. The traditional generation (1997 and less), are more in favor of good old test cricket but to say T20's and the leagues are bad is not actually the pulse of the crowd.

I saw you mention not every country have billion people and IPL will be a success as they have billion people, OK! I am just going to talk about this LEAGUE as we are in this section.

This league is not rubbish, while respecting your opinion, nobody gives a shoots ass what other league Russel and Narine like players have played. Cricket in America was almost null up until few years ago and is still only 5th or 6th fiddle. When players come here and play lot of people who do not have the ability to watch a match live in stadium and watch those players will go and watch them. They dont care about which other league players have played.

Also the world we live in, they do not have PATIENCE. T20 night is a good old baseball kind of night where you go out, hang with friends watch the match and go home. If this league was rubbish, they would not have sold out games, it just shows how desperate people are to watch a good T20 league.

Also newer generation prefer this, we are old school (You are part of the forum since 2006 hence calling we). We want traditional cricket, international cricket, newer generation want Franchise cricket and dont give a hoot about international meaningless bilaterals and cricket.

If cricket has more money and more fans than ever how come the ICC is broke?
Doesn't make sense, why is the international game not being marketed better.

If cricket has more money and more fans than ever how come the ICC is broke?
Doesn't make sense, why is the international game not being marketed better.
Cause ICC is dumb as fearsome tweak! Run by bunch of sussies!

Who actually found the South African domestic T20 tournament worth the money?
Post automatically merged:

Moeen Ali, lol.

Are you okay there buddy or are you hallucinating replies?

My two cents - this Major League Cricket in USA is pretty darn important because this is the best shot at cricket making a breakthrough in USA, which has been a dream for many decades as the more traditional formats like tests and ODI's have found ZERO acceptance in this part of the world. And the USA is a massive sporting market because of the huge population of expatriates and also for the country's very passionate sporting culture (the NFL's, the MLBs, etc.). Game nights are a huge thing here and people literally pick their friend circles here based on the teams that they support :D

I think it is a very smart idea for established IPL franchises to take a jab at investing in a league here and making it an upper-tier feature to the Minor League Cricket that already exists in US. The connect of the IPL franchises ensures that their fans from the IPL find the connect to support those teams here (we are seeing the entire legion of CSK fans rooting for TSK already, smartly aided by the fact that TSK continue the CSK culture of playing the same group of players, thereby enhancing loyalty/relation factor). The games have been very entertaining so far and already we are seeing images of local people watching the games live in the stadium. If this continues (and maybe if a major superstar retired Indian player or a 'waiting for retirement' Mr. 7 :p decides to visit and participate as an ambassador for the final stages of this league), it will take off spectacularly.

This league (if successful) can improve standards of local USA players and give them a better shot in the future at qualifying for the T20 World Cups (I am confident USA wont try for test status and maybe even ODI's).

Final group stage match in Dallas, I think the crowd has been great and the organizers have done amazing job with the tournament. I am excited to see the crowd in Morrisville and the stadium of Morrisville next.

SF should have an easy walkover against LAKR tonight, LAKR is just not a great team.

Jason Roy try his best to lift LAKR confidence with 45 of 21 ball... Let's see how they finish the game...

Users who are viewing this thread