Major League Cricket - USA T20 League - Let The Music Play!!

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters
The biggest disappointment is the lack of American players on show (Taylor, Netravalkar, Monank, Gannon are the only internationals I can think of) and not just a bunch of ex-pat 'locals' from various parts of the world.

Having an under 21 player in each side might improve that.

While good in principle I feel they’ll just use them as much as the WPL teams used the last one or two domestic players as a fielder who would bowl an over or two at max.

While good in principle I feel they’ll just use them as much as the WPL teams used the last one or two domestic players as a fielder who would bowl an over or two at max.
Yeah, it's probably true. I saw GLT20 has slots for 3 Canadian internationals and 3 emerging players, so you'd expect they would be more involved.

The egregious use of the designation of 'local' is the problem. I'm guessing US cricket might not have much influence cause I don't know much it would benefit the US team to have 37, 38 year olds from India and England instead of 21 and 22 year old emerging players.

They also have Minor league too (MILC)... They are preparing local talents through that for now... Once MLC gets popular, they will make changes for sure...

is Liam Plunkett an American player now?

Its actually kind of nice to see lots of Americans coming to watch the MLC, and not just Asians.

is Liam Plunkett an American player now?

Its actually kind of nice to see lots of Americans coming to watch the MLC, and not just Asians.

He should be by now if I’m right, his wife is American and England froze him out after the 2019 WC win. The three year cooling off period is well and truly over if they did commit to it back then.

Yeah, it's probably true. I saw GLT20 has slots for 3 Canadian internationals and 3 emerging players, so you'd expect they would be more involved.

The egregious use of the designation of 'local' is the problem. I'm guessing US cricket might not have much influence cause I don't know much it would benefit the US team to have 37, 38 year olds from India and England instead of 21 and 22 year old emerging players.
I think as more seasons go, MiLC is going to help tremendously. I did not follow but looks like the crowd was on it as well.

While Orcas did not have a stronger team on paper compared to Unicorns, that was an amazing victory. Everyone contributed with the bat and as the pitch gets used, its going to be a 160ish pitch and no longer 200+ one.

Not the greatest of start from SF and that run out of Finn Allen was just lazy! Harmeet Singh was sensational!

Pitch getting tougher to bat? TSK struggling a lot in 2nd innings...

3 out of the 4 games played so far, have been won by the side batting first! Definitely a lot harder to chase targets. In Dallas, the sun sets at around 8:30 pm in summer and its super dry non-humid heat with no dew at all, more so during summer time.

Bravo is keeping the fight for TSK here with some absolutely blistering batting (man, why did this guy even retire from IPL? j/k I know its good for CSK transition). But this will be very tough!

FANTASTIC batting from Bravo at the end!! Almost did the impossible.... Reminded me of that Dhoni innings of 80+ vs RCB where he almost took CSK close but lost to them in the end! Bravo was middling Nortje of all people for sixes!! This is not a retired players league but a much more serious T20 league featuring younger players

That was a sensational innings from Bravo. I just feel like New York, too much was left for the end. This tournament has been a banger and kudos to the organizers and ground staff for maintaining a pitch and ground never ever been used before.

Excited about the second match, one of my two teams will be onboard lol!

Users who are viewing this thread