Master Fielder

Never understood why Kamran Akmal decided to get sponsored by Teflon.

"When we say nothing sticks, we mean it. Look at this scene closely. You will see that the ball actually jumps OUT of the gloves of Mr. Akmal* despite appearing to settle comfortably in there. That's what we offer the consumer. We guarantee that just like this series of simple catches, Teflon(R) will be your perfect non-stick coating for a wide variety of uses."

Teflon - For when you can't tolerate the perfectly-stuck but need the unstickable. Made by DuPont(R)(TM).

*Kamran Akmal is not a paid spokesperson and appears in these ads by his own free will. DuPont(R)(TM) accepts no responsibility based on the claims made by Mr. Akmal or his horrible teeth or for any slippage related incidents, especially during various acts which may be rated M for Mature. Side effects include nausea, vomiting, prolonged sliding, the inability to ever hold onto anything ever, eggs that slide right out of the pan and overshoot your plate, and vertigo. Please consults your physician before you use Teflon(R) or any similar (but inferior) product. And, by the way, we would like to go green like everyone else these days, so 10% of your purchase will go to rescuing ice in the Antarctic, which is a desert. And the Sahara is a desert, so that can't be good. Wait, this is still on? TURN IT OFF, MAN! WHAT ARE YOU THI----

:transmission ended:

If am not mistaken than Jonty Rodes from South Africa was all the best fielder in International Cricket

I think the move to abolish runners in Tests was a good one, however they should do something about star fielders being picked to sub for injured players.

Maybe fielding subs should only be allowed if they are u21 or something, and/or the batting captain should be able to object if he feels the sub is gaining the fielding side an unfair advantage

Imran Nazir used to be a great fielder hope when he comes back should be the same

I think the move to abolish runners in Tests was a good one, however they should do something about star fielders being picked to sub for injured players.

Maybe fielding subs should only be allowed if they are u21 or something, and/or the batting captain should be able to object if he feels the sub is gaining the fielding side an unfair advantage

I'd go so far as to argue that if the ICC can abolish runners because the rule was being exploited, then they could certainly abolish substitute fielders since that is a rule I feel is being exploited even MORE. How many times do fast bowlers go off the field after their spell of bowling is done?? It's almost standard practice these days. If you want to go off, field will 10 men for a while - that would make these players hurry up if they "needed" to go off.

Might be harsh on a guy that's broken his leg or something, but perhaps they could say, well you can have a substitute for player X, but the player substituted can't come back on the field for an entire day - whether fielding or batting. That would weed out the lesser injuries, but if a player was out for the match anyway it would allow him a substitute.

Personally I'd rather they looked after fast bowlers and went the other way... a substitute fielder that is specifically to be used :spy

^Or that...:) As long as there's something in the guidelines. At the moment it seems some teams really exploit it and others don't.

It's not exactly new either eg. Roger Harper and Gus Logie were almost professional 12th men in the 80s for West Indies.

Yeah I think they should just bite the bullet and let teams pick the best fielder they can as specific "substitute fielder" rather than 12th man. It's not like the 12th man can actually bowl or bat anyway. Great fielding is good to watch, and fast bowlers careers have been getting shorter and shorter, so why not extend their careers while simultaneously increasing the quality of fielding on display. I can see why it could easily go the other way, but I'm not so steeped with tradition that I can't appreciate the potential for change :)

Users who are viewing this thread