Merry Christmas Planet Cricket!

I'm going down to Dunedin to visit family for Christmas :)

I leave before the rest of my family though because I have to be back up in Auckland on Boxing Day. So I fly down on the 23rd, while they fly down on Christmas itself.

Then, on the 27th I'm going on a 6 hour drive from Auckland to Gisbourne where I'm camping out until the 2nd because of the Rhythm and Vines festival. Basically it involves lots of music and lots more drinking :)

In terms of presents, I have no idea what I'm getting. I'm supposed to get a phone for my birthday which was a few weeks ago but I haven't got it yet. I can't find a decent cheap one that I want. I could combine it with a Christmas one and get a decent one though.

What about 3d Tvs? I was debating jumping into that but I think it's best to wait another year for the market to widen.

for the actual day itself Im going down to Houston for the traditional family dinner, should be fun..............provided the eggnog is flowing :p

Man I hate 3D. Can't stand it. I got a headache watching Avatar.

I don't want to be so engrossed when I watch tv, I just want to switch my mind off. 3D puts you IN it... its a bit too much for me. Plus those idiotic glasses, would be terrible to wear those every time you want to watch Seinfeld or something.

Google TV is sweet

also put lights up on the house this week. Looks very nice cause every single house on our street has lights this year

Mark added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Man I hate 3D. Can't stand it. I got a headache watching Avatar.

I don't want to be so engrossed when I watch tv, I just want to switch my mind off. 3D puts you IN it... its a bit too much for me. Plus those idiotic glasses, would be terrible to wear those every time you want to watch Seinfeld or something.

Google TV is sweet

I'm more interested in it for the video games, there are about to be a host of 3D titles released for the ps3.

We don't even have a tree up this year... god we are such Grinches. Maybe i'll lug it up from the basement this weekend...

Yea no tree this year for me either, can't be arsed to drag it out of the attic, especially when I'm going out of town for Xmas.

We don't have a tree either, except for a small one by the door. Not much point if we're not here for Christmas.

Don't like 3d tvs either. Way too expensive for my liking.

What about 3d Tvs? I was debating jumping into that but I think it's best to wait another year for the market to widen.

Fuzz the 3D. It's all about LED! That's what I want. Our current living-room 46' LCD TV was around 800 3 years ago, on blackfriday. Same TV costs only 200 dollar this year, on a REGULAR day! And good ones like Sony, Samsung are around 700-800 dollars now. Pisses me OFF! More pissed that LCD is so out of fashion now. I mean come on! 2 years ago it was the thinnest thing out there!

So I guess next year I'll put that LCD ████ on some other room, and get a LED TV. It's soo slek and thin. Can't wait for a LFD, or LGD or w/e to come out in next 2 years :mad

If you really want a 3D, I say get a LED 3D.

McLOVIN added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

46" 1080p 3D LED TV Series 7 | Samsung UN46C7000 - LED TVs

Dimensions: 1.0" Thin

Mother ...ef!!

Damn thats a sick TV! Yea I'm probably holding off another year before I upgrade. Got 52 inch 1080p Samsung right now so I'll be good until the prices drop for LED

What you gonna do with it, once if you do buy a LED? No ones gonna wanna buy it from you. It'd be like trying to sell one of those fat TVs nowadays (which isn't so old, they were in 4-5 years ago).

Gotta love and hate this fast movement. Just think Africa to calm myself down.

McLOVIN added 8 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Biggest Macbook Sizemodo Ever

How about a air?

Last edited:
I don't buy Apple products, I don't even accept them as gifts.

When I get a new TV, I'll hook the old one up as a 2nd monitor to my desktop for Flight Sim

Yo Mac random question but how do you like the size of the 15" MBP? I'm thinking about it for college but feel it will be too big to lug around to classes. Where do you go to school, and how does it feel in your bag with books and stuff?

=S

I don't have it. I said I want one. But I will tell this, you shouldn't be lugging a 2000 toy around at college. If you want a laptop just for college, there are other light stuff out there. 13 inch would be better for that.

I have seen students use 13" MBP though. Which is pretty big and probably the right size too. And it's not that heavy. And I am saying that from a personal experience, from last 2 weeks.

And I go to SF art academy.

McLOVIN added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

YouTube - 13-inch Apple MacBook Pro Video Review

15 would be too big for college.

I have a 13" MBP and it's the perfect size to take to uni. No one has 15" because they're a bit too big to carry around.

LED tvs are so nice. My friend has one for his PS3 and it looks great. There's a premium you have to pay for one though

Ya Cricketman 13" for college.

But here is a thought. Just pay 300 more, and buy a 15" MBP for personal use. Not for college. You will enjoy more. But you can't carry that around. If your parents are willing to buy one for you, don't give them the chance to buy something small :D

@ Chewie: Premium? What for?

Users who are viewing this thread