Moments that made you excited as fan?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There have been diffrent moments in cricket history which make you jump up and let yourself loose.
Recently most Indian fans experienced this feeling when Indian won T20 tournament.
indiawin1t2009237br.jpg

Also Yuvi hitting six 6's in an over.
326687.jpg

Can you think of anything else?

Beating Australia in the famous '800 game' (look at my avatar for the picture). I don't care what anyone says, that is the best ever feat in cricket history. And lol at an Indian fan saying one of their best moments is Yuvi hitting the six 6s. Surely you could come up with something better than that buddy :p Indian cricket has achieved some pretty good things. If I was you, I'd put Laxman and Dravid's partnership against Australia WAAAAY up there.

Last edited:
Winning the 05' Ashes. Mstly because it was such a brilliant series.
South Africa - England. The series when KP debuted, to my knowledge we still lost, but it was a significant series being as our selectors discussed the morals over picking Pietersen or a very long time.

We lost 4-2 iirc, one of the best ever series by an individual though.

My best?

Caribbean in 04 and Ashes in 05.

My only test i've been too, Pak vs Aus in 05 when Gilly whacked up a quick fire hundred hitting 3 sixes in a row over midwicket. Ponting brang up his double hundred that day and i saw Warney and MacGill bowl together at the end of the day, i was excited :)

Ashes test '05 at Birmingham. First Ashes test I've went too and an absolute cracker. Harmisons slower ball to dimiss Clarke at the end of the Saturday followed by the the tension on the Sunday morning - an absorbing test match.

Edgbaston 2005, what a test. Simon Jones removing Michael Clarke in the same series was awesome aswell, using reverse swing to fool Clarke into leaving the ball only for the ball to nip back and take his off stump out of the ground. Shaun Tait's electrifying spell of 2 English wickets in the 2005 ashes was pretty special aswell, really cleaned out Geraint Jones. Actually, that whole series was pretty special.

Ravi Bopara and Stuart Broad leading England to a victory against India was pretty special aswell, really good work from 2 inexperienced young guys.

Just before Hamrison bowled the first ball down under. After that it was more a feeling of disgust than excitement. whenevr Pietersen comes out to bat and he's doing it properly, you can tell when he's going to make runs.

Ashes test '05 at Birmingham. First Ashes test I've went too and an absolute cracker. Harmisons slower ball to dimiss Clarke at the end of the Saturday followed by the the tension on the Sunday morning - an absorbing test match.

Same here A_A.

I went to the 2nd day of that test. It was the first I had ever been too and the atmosphere was amazing and to see Australia on the back foot for the first time in years, you just thought it was great to be apart of it.

Plus seeing Matthew Hayden get out first ball. Get in! ;)

Last edited:
Old Trafford test in the '05 Ashes on the last day when Lee and McGrath batted out 24 balls to save the game.Awesome stuff and what a day out.

Can't say I have ever been as excited watching a match as I was during the Multan Test in 2005 between Pakistan and England.

Beating Australia in the famous '800 game' (look at my avatar for the picture). I don't care what anyone says, that is the best ever feat in cricket history. And lol at an Indian fan saying one of their best moments is Yuvi hitting the six 6s. Surely you could come up with something better than that buddy :p Indian cricket has achieved some pretty good things. If I was you, I'd put Laxman and Dravid's partnership against Australia WAAAAY up there.
Really? If you don't rank Yuvi hitting six sixes in an over as an impressive feat and racing to a 50 in 12 balls (only 3 balls more than the mathematical minimum) then you really need to get a reality check. Furthermore, it was about how excited it made you as a fan, and it definitely had me gasping for breath.

As for other moments, Tendulkar's brilliant innings against Pakistan in the 2003 World Cup--especially that big first over against Shoaib. In the same tournament, when Tendulkar pulled Andy Caddick out of the stadium, was also an awesome moment.

Yuvraj and Kaif taking India to victory in the 2002 Natwest Series after middle order failed. And who can forget Sehwag's brilliant Day 1's against Australia and Pakistan (195 and 200-something not out)? Can't think of any more at the moment.

Last edited:
This year's Domestic Twenty20 final - I've been to plenty of cricket matches in my time (both domestic and international) but nothing came close to the atmosphere across all 3 games, but the final over was just perfect.

It's dark, the lights are shining brightly, 150 seems to have been about par all day, Kent are 134/6 and need 13 from 6 deliveries. Carl Greenidge is bowling. Darren Stevens is facing. Wallop first ball goes for four, Kent need 9 from 5. Second ball goes down leg-side, Kent now need 8 from 5. One run off the next ball, Hamish Marshall mops up, Yasir Arafat is now on strike. Greenidge fields off his own bowling, but Stevens is back on strike. Kent now need 6 from 3 (If scores are tied Kent will win on least wickets lost, so really its 5 from 3). Full toss, Stevens thumps the ball for four and its a No Ball! Kent win.

Users who are viewing this thread