Moments that made you excited as fan?

Well you can buy region free DVD players, so there isn't anything illegal about altering the dvd player you have, its your property. It's also not illegal to buy something from another region, afterall they are just areas that film studios decided. Many DVD players can be region unlocked without altering them, sometimes you can do it with your remote. I suppose in the States you don't usually think about region encoding as you get the films first.
You can buy region free DVD players but I do believe the legality of altering the DVD player you have is questionable. Calling it your property doesn't make it any different. For example, if you buy a phone from AT&T in the US and want to modify it to be able to connect to another network, that is construed as illegal, even if you paid for the phone and it is your property. The very reason for implementing region systems has, I believe, something to do with licensing and import laws for the involved countries. Of course, I don't know any of this, I'm just assuming it because I cannot think of a better reason they would have region-protection to start with.

So film studios can control where and when they release movies.

Well what I do know, is as long as you pay the import duty, you can legally purchase DVD's from America and import them to the UK. I wouldn't be surprised if most cricket dvd's were region free anywhay. There is a region 0, ie no region code. Many dvd's are released region free anyway, its only really films that use the encoding.

Well what I do know, is as long as you pay the import duty, you can legally purchase DVD's from America and import them to the UK. I wouldn't be surprised if most cricket dvd's were region free anywhay. There is a region 0, ie no region code. Many dvd's are released region free anyway, its only really films that use the encoding.
Yeah.... I guess it's a gray area. I did some research and apparently it is more of a manufacturer thing than a policy thing. There have been legal controversies, which can be found in the small section on this Wikipedia article. Ah well. :p

Matthew Hayden hitting Joginder Sharma out of the stadium in the Twenty20 World Cup. Best hit of a cricket ball I've ever seen.

Probably that 5th day at OT during the 2005 Ashes. I was amongst the last set of fans to get through the gate. That was an exciting feeling of its own. But the day was simply fantastic.

Dravid and Laxman batting out whole day in Kolkatta and doing the same thing again in Adelaid i suppose in 2004.
They made Aussie bowlers look like ordinary on those 2 days.

t20 warm up match between south africa and australia
south africa won and Smith made something like 84 and AB 65 or something
AB hit the biggest six of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread