Moments that made you excited as fan?

You can pretty much pick anything from the 2005 Ashes. Any England fan who says they didn't want to pure bumlove Giles after he hit those winning runs at Trent Bridge is openly lying.

Shahid Afridi 102 of 45 balls against India was my best moment ever

_41037597_afriditon_afp300.jpg

_41036899_afridi270.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? If you don't rank Yuvi hitting six sixes in an over as an impressive feat and racing to a 50 in 12 balls (only 3 balls more than the mathematical minimum) then you really need to get a reality check. Furthermore, it was about how excited it made you as a fan, and it definitely had me gasping for breath.

Guys it's subjective, he can rank whatever or however he wants.

Obviously the 2005 Ashes is a huge highlight, with the 2nd test probably the most nailbiting conclusion ever, but the 2000 series v the West Indies was pretty good too. We lost the first test, were bowled out for 130-odd in the first innings of the second, replied by dismissing the Windies for 54 in their second dig to leave us with 188 to get and Ambrose and Walsh to negotiate.

We lost Ramprakash early, but made steady progress with Vaughan and Atherton in until Vaughan went with the score in the 90s. After that we lost wickets at regular intervals until Craig White was the 7th man out with the score on 149 and only the tail to come. Dominic Cork then made the best 33 you'll ever see, assisted by Caddick and Gough at the other end, to see us home by 2 wickets.

It might not seem that important now, with the Windies being so average, but that heralded our first test series win over them for 30+ years!

The 2005 Ashes series. Was completely surreal. Couldn't of scripted anything better.

Also Steve Waugh getting his century off the last ball of the day in the 2002/03 Ashes series. The SCG absolutely erupted - It was like complete redemption by Waugh to the doubters. Never seen a crowd as big as that in a cricket match just go off.

Plus seeing Matthew Hayden get out first ball. Get in! ;)
**** you! :p

The way he struggled through that series only to see him grind out a very slow century in probably his very last chance in International cricket (at the time) was superb otherwise his career would've been labelled 'The Fall from Grace' (he was ranked number #1 batsman in the world, only a year before that)

05 Ashes Series

Gillys ton in 06 Ashes
69976.gif

Gillys WC Final ton
75148.jpg

That final day of the 05 Ashes just before lunch.

Aussies test at Hobart. When Binga was on a hat-trick. I was trying to get his autograph (And suceeding) down at fine leg. We asked him if he would get the hat-trick and he winked and said "You betcha". That was very exciting until he bowled his hat-trick bowl.

On a tour of India, in an eight-wicket haul at Calcutta, Shoaib Akhtar accounted for Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar in two deliveries, thunderbolts straight as an arrow, unerringly homing in on their target.
Even as Indian you appreciate that happening to your batsmen.

_41246230_tendulkar416.jpg

I watched the recent Ind Vs Aus first ever T20 in India in mumbai. That was my first match and was very excited...and India won as well...

anywhere when Shoaib AKhtar is on fire.. against India..

Pakistan vs England, 3rd test, 2005, Lahore

England were certain to draw the match at lunch on 5th day, at around 218-2, needing something like over 400 to win.

8 wickets fell for something like 50 runs to give Pakistan a 2-0 win in the series.

The entire 03 World Cup.
When I went to the WI to watch the WC.
Natwest 2002 final.
India Pakistan T20 tie.

Users who are viewing this thread