Story Mumbai Indians - Duniya Hila Denge Hum!!! - Bangalore in Deep Trouble

Do you read the whole post or what AussieTeam?

Anyways close match there but I wanted DD to reach to the semi's nonetheless now supporting Mumbai obviously.

Wow! :eek:
You've motored through a few updates there. Great, tight game there between DD and DC, disappointed to see the Daredevils fizzle out somewhat in the Super Over.
KUTGW!

Yeah agree with JC< Alot of games completed since the last time I checked! Can you update the final table, so we know who went through?
RP Singh was given the super over, something I would think would back fire, but he did the job there

Yeah agree with JC< Alot of games completed since the last time I checked! Can you update the final table, so we know who went through?
RP Singh was given the super over, something I would think would back fire, but he did the job there

yeah I just went through the game so that I can start the finals on Ashes Cricket 2009. Anyways here is the table which is also on the first post.

2w7iejn.jpg

The above table is after match fifty-four, so the Delhi Daredevils v Deccan Chargers game is not updated.

Rayudu stars as Mumbai win the league

1zyagjm.jpg

Ambati Rayudu smashes Shane Bond for a boundary

An economical one-wicket spell from Dilhara Fernando followed by Ambati Rayudu's explosive 76 off 49 balls led Mumbai Indians to a comfortable victory against Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens. Kolkata got off to a disastorous start after deciding to bat first as they lost three wicket for 35 runs before 6 overs. Apart from Manoj Tiwary's 54-ball half century and Angelo Matthews run-a-ball 26 there was nothing to cheer for the Kolkata supporters. Mumbai's openers, Shikhar Dhawan and Sachin Tendulkar, didnt do any different as Dhawan fell off the first ball and Tendulkar fell in fifth over. But the 99-run partnership between Ambati Rayudu and Kieron Pollard won the game for them. Rayudu hit two sixes and ten fours in his 76 while Pollard remained unbeaten on 44 to secure the eight-wicket win in the 14th over. With this win the Mumbai Indians progress to the knockout stage as league winners.

Semi Finals
Mumbai Indians v Royal Challengers Bangalore @ M. Chinnaswamy Stadium
Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab @ M. Chinnaswamy Stadium

2csgn0h.jpg

sonymax_logo.jpg

LIVE
Indian Premier League 2010
Mumbai Indians v Royal Challengers Bangalore
Semi Finals,Live From Bangalore.

6nuwzt.png

Welcome to the M.Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore for the first semi-final game between table toppers Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore. The stadium here is full packed and the crowds here are in red supporting their home team Bangalore. The atmosphere in the stadium is brilliant for a game of Twenty20 cricket. Well, let’s go down to Sunil Gavaskar who is ready with the pitch report.

Pitch Report

The conditions here in Bangalore are perfect for a game of Twenty20 cricket. The temperature is towards the 30s and there is a bit of humidity in the air but this all will cool down as the game progresses. There may be some dew in the night but it won’t be a major factor as there are many new technologies available to reduce it.

4g3ggw.jpg

Pitch Report by Sunil Gavaskar

Talking about the pitch it’s the same as other Bangalore pitches we have seen during the IPL. This Bangalore wicket as the reputation of being lively and supporting pace bowlers early on. But after the first 4-5 overs this wicket will assist the batsman more than the bowlers. The ball will come on to the bat nicely. Well, in last match which was played over here, Royal Challengers Bangalore batting first posted around 178 against the Mumbai Indians, and in the end that score was enough as the hosts won by 30 odd runs.

With these beautiful batting conditions, we are in for a treat as both the teams have some great batsman in their lineups. Bangalore have the likes of Pietersen - who has been in brilliant form throughout this IPL, Ross Taylor, Kallis and Rahul Dravid, while the Mumbai Indians have Sachin Tendulkar, Kieron Pollard, the young Ambati Rayudu and ofcourse the South African Jean-Paul Duminy. I am sure we are in for a great match and I hope at the end of the day the best team progresses to the final.

Toss

jr47ea.jpg

Anil Kumble wins the toss and decides to bat first..

Anil Kumble the captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore won the toss and decided to bat first. Looking at the conditions and their lineup, there is no surprise that Kumble has opted to bat first but we will have to wait till the end of the match to see if his decision turned out to be the right one.

Royal Challengers Bangalore: 1)Manish Pandey, 2)Jacques Kallis, 3)Rahul Dravid, 4)Kevin Pietersen, 5)Robin Uthappa(wk), 6)Ross Taylor, 7)Virat Kohli, 8)R Vinay Kumar, 9)Praveen Kumar, 10)Dale Steyn, 11)Anil Kumble(c)

As expected Bangalore go with the same tried and tested lineup which has been the key to help them qualify for the semi-finals. Jacques Kallis, Kevin Pietersen, Ross Taylor and Dale Steyn are the four overseas players to make the starting 11. Skipper Anil Kumble has kept his trust on the young Manish Pandey who has failed to leave up to his expectations since his huge hundred against the Deccan Chanrgers towards the end of last season's IPL.

Mumbai Indians: 1)Shikhar Dhawan, 2)Sachin Tendulkar(c), 3)Abhishek Nayar, 4)Ambati Rayudu(wk), 5)Saurabh Tiwary, 6)Jean-Paul Duminy, 7)Kieron Pollard, 8)Harbhajan Singh, 9)Zaheer Khan, 10)Lasith Malinga, 11)Dilhara Fernando

Lasith Malinga comes in place of Ryan McLaren for the Mumbai Indians, while Dilhara Fernando retains his place in the side thanks to some good bowling in the past 2-3 matches. Jean-Paul Duminy and the big Kieron Pollard are the other two overseas players. Ambati Rayudu will keep wickets as Tendulkar has opted for an extra batsman in Shikhar Dhawan instead of a wicketkeeper.

Lets take a look at the records at the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium(Stats Courtesy Cricinfo):

Highest Innings Score: 188 - Bangalore v Otago, 2009

Lowest test Innings Score: 82 - Bangalore v Kolkata, 2008

Highest Individual Score in a match: 158* - Brendon McCullum - Kolkata v Bangalore, 2008

Best Bowling Figures in Match: 3/18 - Jacques Kallis - Bangalore v Otago, 2009

Highest Match Aggregates: 372/10 - Bangalore v Delhi, 2008

Lowest Match Aggregates: 248/10 - Bangalore v Mumbai, 2008

Most Catches in an Innings: 2 - Virat Kohli - Bangalore v Cape Cobras, 2009

The game is just moments away from starting. so we request you to stay tuned as we return from a short commercial break.

Last edited:
One of the most beautiful updates I've seen here. I was expecting this from you. Good Luck mate!

Brilliant Presentation! To be honest it was obvious that once you will start using AC'09 for this story presentation will get much much better. Would be interesting to see how Mumbai play in this match. Go Mumbai Go Sachin!

:hpraise:hpraise
brilliant presentation. Loved your writing. KIU

Ross Taylor so down the order.

Users who are viewing this thread