Story Mumbai Indians - Duniya Hila Denge Hum!!! - Bangalore in Deep Trouble

Kallis' allround performance goes in vain as Punjab win

zyae0j.jpg

Ravi Bopara shift gears

Kings XI Punjab put their first match defeat behind them as they outperformed Royal Challengers Bangalore in every department to win by 10 runs in the seventh match of the season at a packed M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.Two overseas batsman - Ravi Bopara(78) and Kumar Sangakkara(57) - gave the visitors their first victory of the season, even if the Man-of-the-Match award went to Jacques Kallis for his 93 and 2/33 in a losing cause.

2use45f.jpg

TBH I haven't read through all your updates.
Your presentation is great, very simple and effective.
Is what I have found with my story is, some people don't bother reading when you write too much, but you write just enough.
Keep up the good work.

Solid innings from Bopara and Sangakkara, both played some excellent knocks out there. RCB experimented too much with their bowlers, I'd recommend you to shorten their bowling attack as players like Kumble only got an over.

The opening partnership was great, but too slow. When Kallis got out they needed 10 an over with a new batsman in the last 3 overs. Too much pressure on the next three batsman and expectedly they collapsed. Thats why they say you have to finish the jpb yourselves

Agarkar, Shukla and Gayle demolish Chennai

30vzkau.jpg

Chris Gayle smashes a huge six of Andrew Flintoff

Laxmi Ratan Shukla took three and Ajit Agarkar took five wickets in their combined four overs, as Chennai Super Kings imploded bizarrely after a flying start from Murali Vijay and well supported by Suresh raina. From 91 for 1 in twelve overs Chennai Super Kings went to 132 all out, a target Kolkata Knight Riders chased down easily with Chris Gayle scoring 83 in 53 balls and Shah Rukh Khan's Kolkata Knight Riders winning by 8 wickets.

qwy5ae.jpg

Agarkar :eek: :eek:
Legendary bowling by him, India needs him back :p

BKB1991 added 6 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Wondering Shan, can you update the IPL Standings? I am guessing KKR to be at the top.
And if its not much of a baggage then link the matches to the 1st post as well. Thanks!

Tendulkar and Madan bludgeon Mumbai Indians home

2jg5u2h.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar won the Man of the Match award for his brilliant batting

The Delhi Daredevils might have been tempted to call the police while Sachin Tendulkar and Chandan Madan went about bludgeoning the Mumbai Indians to a 10-wicket win in their Indian Premier League match in Delhi on Friday. The Delhi Daredevils totalled what looked like a reasonable 130 for 4, but the Mumbai Indians hardly flicked a tail feather in replying with 132 without loss to win with 2.1 overs to spare.

Tendulkar blasted 67 not out off 51 balls with four fours and two sixes, while Madan clipped his unbeaten 61 off 56 deliveries and hit four fours and a six. The Mumbai Indians' openers batted with criminal intent, and their only real victims on the night were the Delhi Daredevil bowlers as they were smashed to all part of the full packed Feroz Shah Kotla.

Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag shared an opening century stand to give the hosts a good but a slow start. Gambhir scored 58 from 46 balls and Sehwag made 60 of 61 balls but later the Daredevils were dwindled to 130 for 4 in 20 overs. Their opening partnership was worth 120.

Skipper Gambhir and Sehwag gave their team a good start with intelligent strokeplay rather than booming hitting. The partnership was ended with a brilliant delivery from Abhishek Nayar which was missed by Sehwag only to be stumped. Kieron Pollard and Abhishek Nayar both struck twice to help reduce the home side from 120 for none to 130 for 4 in the last 3 overs.

The Daredevils might have fancied their chances after that on a seam friendly wicket, but Tendulkar and Madan - who destroyed Rajasthan Royals in the first match - took the game away from them in uncompromising style. Poor discipline in the field and some ordinary bowling also played into the Mumbai Indians' hands.

cqmfr.jpg

Last edited:
This story is making me tempt to start a new one. But, everything after march 25th;). Great story till now. :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread