Muslims Allowed Girlfriends?

Are Muslims Allowed Girlfreinds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me either, whats wrong in having a girlfriend? And the islam is way to strenght...

I mean what mainly is a Girlfriend
A person you share with, like ?hi, i need your help? ?how was your weekend?.. and stuff like talking as a friend,

Or your talking about a Girl you have sex with? And make use of their body etc..? who you get drunk with..

wikipedia.org said:
girlfriend is a female partner in a non-marital romantic relationship.

Surely you need to have a girlfriend before you have a wife ? To make sure the you find the right person to spend the rest of your life with, someone that you're confident around, someone thats easy to talk to, someone who you find physically attractive, someone who you think about 24-7, who you want to be with as often as you can. I think without finding the right person a marriage is destined for failure, and therefore i dont think arranged marriages work. So therefore, i feel having a girlfriend is a must, so that you know, before you make major commitment that you want to be with the person. Without being with the person you are marrying for a prolonged period of time i dont think a marriage will work, and you will be destined to a life of unhappiness, if you choose to stay with this person, if divorce is not allowed or something similar. So girlfriends are pretty important i feel, so if the poll question was "should Muslims be able to have girlfriends ?", then my answer would be a definite yes.

Not being inflamotary but I thought that the Quran is meant to be a very open minded religious text and it is only the extremists that portray Muslims in a bad light, i.e. terrorists, and killing women who leave their husbands.

You cannot stop people from loving each other, no matter what your social stance is, and so it is all down to the individual's interpretation

For example, 'Kosher' meat is simply the meat that was adjudged to be clean enough to eat without risk of death from food poisoning.

Not really true at all. As far as I'm aware it doesn't give this reason anywhere in the Bible (OT) nor the Talmud. I've seen some people assume that it is the reason, but that's mere speculation. In truth, according to Jews, it's a very spiritual thing (Kosher) and has little to do with things like food poisoning or whatever.

Not really true at all. As far as I'm aware it doesn't give this reason anywhere in the Bible (OT) nor the Talmud. I've seen some people assume that it is the reason, but that's mere speculation. In truth, according to Jews, it's a very spiritual thing (Kosher) and has little to do with things like food poisoning or whatever.

I'm afraid I cannot give the list now but we could quite clearly infer in RS that the reason I posted was a factor from the animals. Animals renouned as being clean were all kosher.

But I do agree with you that it is not the only factor, if one at all.

I'm afraid I cannot give the list now but we could quite clearly infer in RS that the reason I posted was a factor from the animals. Animals renouned as being clean were all kosher.

But I do agree with you that it is not the only factor, if one at all.
Yeah but 'clean' had nothing to do with food poisoning, it was a spiritual cleanliness; that some animals (ie the ones that have split hooves and chew their cud) are considered spiritually pure and others are not.

Yeah but 'clean' had nothing to do with food poisoning, it was a spiritual cleanliness; that some animals (ie the ones that have split hooves and chew their cud) are considered spiritually pure and others are not.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that one up, it is a slightly tricky one.

well i'm a pakistani living in KSA
it's written clearly in Quran that it's not allowed
if Quran and Hadith told us not to be alone with a girl so that's a proof we can't have girl-friend !!
and the bro who wrote that it's about modernising,, i want to say that islam is the religion of all-time
if u want a proof ,, why not just PM me ??
anyway u can see http://www.55a.net/firas/english/ for the proofs that islam is for alltime

For those who don't know !!
Quran is muslim's religious book
Hadith is our prophet's (peace be upon him) sayings which muslims follow

Well I think Having a girlfriend is alright because is a way to find out if you love that girl.
without girlfriend you won't even know anything about the girl you like

This is correct.

On topic, no, girlfriends are not allowed in Islam. Neither is any contact with any female that is not your immediate family member or wife. Of course, you could always use your common sense and realize one thing about the laws of Islam (if you want to call it that). They are there for the devout Muslims (mo'mins), Muslims who go through life and learn to love the religion and the life one should live according to it. These things were not meant for Muslims who don't even know what the religion's teachings are fully and have religion shoved down their throats by their parents. Rather the parents should be familiarizing their kids with Islam and then let the kids find God in their own way.

Seems like I've gone into my own tangent. The simple answer is no. :p

This is correct.

On topic, no, girlfriends are not allowed in Islam. Neither is any contact with any female that is not your immediate family member or wife. Of course, you could always use your common sense and realize one thing about the laws of Islam (if you want to call it that). They are there for the devout Muslims (mo'mins), Muslims who go through life and learn to love the religion and the life one should live according to it. These things were not meant for Muslims who don't even know what the religion's teachings are fully and have religion shoved down their throats by their parents. Rather the parents should be familiarizing their kids with Islam and then let the kids find God in their own way.

Seems like I've gone into my own tangent. The simple answer is no. :p

Well then thats my case cleared, no point of blocking out one thing if you don't follow the rest is what I say.

May sound wrong so some of us (Muslims) but it's true. Plus how can you go through your teenage years without the urge to go for girls?

Can't be done lol.

Not being inflamotary but I thought that the Quran is meant to be a very open minded religious text and it is only the extremists that portray Muslims in a bad light, i.e. terrorists, and killing women who leave their husbands.

You cannot stop people from loving each other, no matter what your social stance is, and so it is all down to the individual's interpretation
First, Islam does allow understanding between people, and who told you muslims dont have hearts to love?

Islam actually is a way of living your life, rather then a religion ofcorse if you’re a Muslim.

Terrorists, and killing women who leave their husbands. << Not ISLAM

yes you may laugh at this comment but people need to find out stuff..
I'll give a example.. Muslims burn Israel flag.. And the flag has sing of Prophet David (also Muslim Prophet), and they are "MUSLIMS". Can you believe that??

Well I think Having a girlfriend is alright because is a way to find out if you love that girl.
without girlfriend you won't even know anything about the girl you like

We are not to Judge who is a good Muslim and who is not. You do what you feel.

However, if you'd ask my opinion i'd not bee in agreeing.

Last edited:
You first get your education, get some knowledge. I’d find women, or just like you know one that pops up. You get to know her. If she is what you looked for, your happy and get married. No sex before marrage. DOn't laugh :p...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread