Muslims Allowed Girlfriends?

Are Muslims Allowed Girlfreinds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i'm being proven wrong.. about the girlfriend thing..

and I'd disagree with nighty, my parents just told me about Islam, I had to find it myself, you can never be a true muslim if you are forced to it. Nor force others to it.
I'd revise your statement to not being confined simply to Islam. I think it's the case with any religion.

what if the child feels good about it, nd on other hand is not foced, and yes... I have to agree.. (at some point)

As this topic is about Islam, arranged (forced) marriage is not considered as legal in the religion. SO the parents are plain stupid. If the guy likes the girl agree, or else, no. simple.

If we step outside the religion.. you can run naked on the streets. (I advice not)

It is so better to learn other people’s cultures, religions etc., atleast so you have a better image of that person.. same with the chavs..

Let me explain the arrange marrige thingy.

Basically, as we can tell by this thread Muslims are strick on their children and give them a lot of limitations. Now idealy they don't want their children sniffing around with other girls so what they do is arrange the marrige.

Meet another family through someone or whatever (theres always someone out there waiting to get married) and then the boy and girl and their mums and dads meet up then after they have met they ask their childeren if they like the person and would like to get to know them more or not and thats kinda how its done.

Another reason we arrange marriges is because we (us kids) can go out and find someone get married to them and then they could end up having a really bad family (as in the whole family) we take marrige as two familes becoming one in a way. I know other cultures just look at the girl/boy and thats it, it's important to know what type of people the girl/boys family are because thats where the kid will be spending the rest of their lives (especially in a girls case).

It is a more cultural thing aswell, and the boy/girl are allowed to have personal conversation so they can understand their new life partner. They may agree or disagree. Cast system also comes into play if you live in a Place like Pakistan.. (eg: a Punjabi is likely to get married to a Punjabi ethnic person then any other.)

It is a more cultural thing aswell, and the boy/girl are allowed to have personal conversation so they can understand their new life partner. They may agree or disagree.

Correct. Oh and to answer another little question this thread has created itself. Sometimes muslim parents let their children have a girlfriend (usually the guy are allowed) and then they get to know eachother blah blah when they think it's the time they can afford to get married they then introduce eachother to their parents and it works out like that sometimes...

Follow your balls and not your brain.

Sorry if i caused offence with this comment. I don't see how in any way it is disrespecting any religion but if thats the way you take it then fine. Sorry if i caused any offence it certainly wasn't intended.

Sorry if i caused offence with this comment. I don't see how in any way it is disrespecting any religion but if thats the way you take it then fine. Sorry if i caused any offence it certainly wasn't intended.

No problem, we knew it was a light-hearted joke (something I struggle to spot nowdays lol). I personally wasn't offended.

Its all fine mate, :).

lol,, *i'm coming to your house with bombs*
.. holy sh*t.

Thats alright then. Cheers boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread