My Batting Advice

Guys couple of questions:

1. Which view is the best to improve batting? Broadcast or behind the wicket view? whats your opinion?
2. Pro mode, I play the fast bowlers on the leg side.. I use the same angle of the stick and play similar shots. Yet the batsman plays in two different areas to avoid fielders. This was like auto mode where computer is helping us to place the shots. Is this true even in Pro mode? Because AI change the fielders twice and I pulled the short balls with exact same movement, yet the ball went to places where the fielders have just been moved....

Here are some recent tips......

Anything north of the equator of the Left Stick (that is anything on top half) is your Front Foot placement. From the perspective of a right hander, that means that up and right (in a diagonal angle) would be moving your player to the front and right. Up and left (on a diagonal angle), will be front and left.

Same thing goes for back foot, anything south of the equator (bottom half of stick) is your back foot movement. Back and left will move you back and left. I think you'll start to see what I'm getting at now. Basically, the angle and direction of the left stick will move your player in that angle and direction. For pull shots you will need to get on the back foot, otherwise you'll play around the ball, etc.

As for what is being perceived as 'not the shot I played'. On lower difficulties the foot placement is assisted for you. If you want full control, bump it up to Legend (Veteran and Pro have less assistance too), let it be know that you will need to get it very spot on though at that difficulty.

It's recommended to start on Amateur or Rookie and just get used to what the movement and positioning is like.

Also on those difficulties, if you take a look at the ball marker (the circle around the ball) you will see it flash white for a split second. This indicates perfect timing. That will not be there on the higher difficulties though, meaning you need to know your timing to get it in the ideal range.

Hope that helps.

----------

Oh and I'll also add a couple of other things I forgot.

The colours around the ball indicate where the ball is pitching.

Yellow = Full
Red = Short
Green = Good

The ball marker will also have a gap depending on which line it's pitching, a gap to the left of the ball means it's pitching right, a gap to the right, means it's pitching left. No gap means it's on middle stump.

As for the triggers, they do indeed work. L2/LT is an aggressive shot, which means the ball will generally be more lofted. R2/RT is a defensive shot. R2/RT+L2/LT is an aggressive grounded shot meaning the ball will be hit hard along the ground.

L1/LB is your unorthodox shots, like the scoop, sweep, etc. And R1/RB is the advance down the pitch, which is best used against spinners imo.

1. Which view is the best to improve batting? Broadcast or behind the wicket view? whats your opinion?
2. Pro mode, I play the fast bowlers on the leg side.. I use the same angle of the stick and play similar shots. Yet the batsman plays in two different areas to avoid fielders. This was like auto mode where computer is helping us to place the shots. Is this true even in Pro mode? Because AI change the fielders twice and I pulled the short balls with exact same movement, yet the ball went to places where the fielders have just been moved....

Ok, I'll give you my take on the views.

I've played about 90% of my career mode using the Pro view from inside the helmet. I thought it would be the best view for watching the ball as closely as possible. As long as the ball stays in your field of view (i.e. length or short balls) then you can watch the ball all the way until it hits the bat.

If the ball is pitched fuller, I found that it just disappears from the view and the view doesn't change to show the ball going underneath the bat. So if it's a full delivery you can't watch it all the way to your bat and you end up getting out.

So I switched to the view from behind the batsman and played the last 5-6 matches with that view. My batting has been a lot better and I find that I can watch the ball all the way to the bat regardless of line or length. My scores have also improved. So my recommendation would be to use the view from behind.

Regarding the batsman hitting the ball to different places, I've had that same problem too. I think it's because I kinda suck at batting in career mode.

Cant hit normal shots

Hi,

initially when I started playing i could easily hit normal ground shots.. Recently even after using the L2 button all my shots are going in the air.

Can anyone help pls?

Thanks / Vivek.

I have to ask something with regards to playing spinners along the ground. I have tried various timing windows but I am yet to find the perfect window for keeping the straight drive on the ground. Is there no way to keep the bowling on the ground or Should we aim the straight driver more towards extra cover?

That's the problem facing spinners. They vary their length and pace so much every other delivery that you are bound to slip up and hit one early and to a waiting fielder, most probably mid off or mid on. That's why I only drive the spinners down the ground when AI has long on and long off back coz even if you mistime the shot, it's unlikely to reach the fielder.

1. "Batting Far" camera works well for me. Tried others for practice for a few deliveries and didn't like any other camera angle.

2. Yup, leg side shots go to varying places and occasionally in the air. I guess it's all related to your timing and the pace of the bowler.

That's the problem facing spinners. They vary their length and pace so much every other delivery that you are bound to slip up and hit one early and to a waiting fielder, most probably mid off or mid on. That's why I only drive the spinners down the ground when AI has long on and long off back coz even if you mistime the shot, it's unlikely to reach the fielder..

I play it late against the spinner which has helped me to get runs in leg/offside but have given up hitting straight drives on ground as bowler is going to have glue fingers to catch it anyways. :D

Just played a tensed match facing the continuous spin(for a while ) bowling on Day 3 end where I had to survive to win 59 runs with 4 wickets remaining. Shame that I lost my wicket with 6 runs to get, but the feeling of pressure was so awesome.

When playing spin, paying attention to the circle around the ball really helps.

As per the manual, the circle can be whole, with a gap or half in size. Consult the manual for what they mean but if you follow that trail on the ball, you can get an idea of what shot to pick in the 0.1 seconds you get to react

i don't care because the bowler drops like 70% of his catches.

This could be the craziest thing I ever read on here.

I would say that in the Justice League of fielders the bowler is the one with an S on his chest. And there is no kryptonite

Still struggling to make it past 30 overs in ODI matches on amateur. Seem to be able to score quickly, but lose wickets regularly. Not from slogging either, mostly mistiming and getting bowled or LBW. Shame the AI is so poor at batting on amateur because 140 odd all out from 30 overs tends to be enough to defend.

Has anyone been successful in hitting the ball behind cover on the offside, with regular shots? Any time I try to cut I either miss the ball or get caught behind.

Still struggling to make it past 30 overs in ODI matches on amateur. Seem to be able to score quickly, but lose wickets regularly. Not from slogging either, mostly mistiming and getting bowled or LBW. Shame the AI is so poor at batting on amateur because 140 odd all out from 30 overs tends to be enough to defend.

Has anyone been successful in hitting the ball behind cover on the offside, with regular shots? Any time I try to cut I either miss the ball or get caught behind.

AI isn't that good at batting at higher difficulty levels as well.

Patience- the most important virtue in batting long innings. Foot placement before the ball is bowled is also very important e.g if a spinner is bowling around the wicket, I stand with my toes covering leg stump, and I have no trouble unsless I lose concentration or pre meditate a shot.

What's the best way to pace yourself in a 50 over match? I always lose all my wickets by the 30th over.

What's the best way to pace yourself in a 50 over match? I always lose all my wickets by the 30th over.

Same here. I always go too hard and end up getting bowled out with bunch of overs unused. One of the reasons could be that playing a defensive shot or leaving the ball is as hard as playing a regular attacking shot that you decide to go with the attacking option instead.

Users who are viewing this thread