NBA Playoffs 2009

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Bulls will take the Celtics, thanks to Rose's godliness.

Don't get the Pistons hate in here, although i'm not supporting them this season because of stupid trades and overall suckishness. Backing the Bulls!
Nah, if you remember the Celts were in the same position last year against the lowly Atlanta Hawks. Then Ray Allen + Paul Pierce exploded. Not having KG is huge but I think the experience of the Celts will get them through. If they win the next one at home, then the pressure is going to be all on the Bulls.

So far I have called the 1-8 match-ups correctly in both conferences (Cavs 4-0 and Lakers 4-1). I'm hoping my calls on the Mavs' and Rockets' series' are wrong and that both those teams wrap it up 4-1 tonight. Chicago and Philly have played above expectations, though, and I won't be getting those two series' right.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
No way do the Bulls even get to game 7 unless they stop Gordon from taking a shot every 30 seconds.

Just saw the Howard play that got him suspended, disgraceful.

nightprowler10

Executive member
No way do the Bulls even get to game 7 unless they stop Gordon from taking a shot every 30 seconds.

Well looks like Gordon was pretty well restrained by the Celtics which might have worked out in our favor. Good win for the Bulls, though they should've won in regulation.

Fully expecting them to lose in game 7 but pumped up for it nonetheless. Also, how big of a twat has Rondo been in the last couple of games?

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, pretty dog by Rondo pulling Hinrich into the table..

Epic game though. A bit of controversy on Allen's fallaway shot late, it was 3! What do you guys think? I liked the way Miller played too.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, pretty dog by Rondo pulling Hinrich into the table..

Epic game though. A bit of controversy on Allen's fallaway shot late, it was 3! What do you guys think? I liked the way Miller played too.
That looked like toe on the line. They should have shown the next frame more, where he was about to take off because you could see that his toe was on the line, iirc.

In terms of predictions, I'm doing good!

Cavs-Pistons 4-0 (RIGHT)
Celts-Bulls 4-1 (WRONG)
Magic-Sixers 4-1 (Magic won 4-2... so just off)
Heat-Hawks 4-3 (got game 7 right, let's see how it ends)
Lakers-Jazz 4-1 (RIGHT)
Hornets-Nuggets 4-3 (COMPLETELY WRONG)
Mavs-Spurs 4-2 (Mavs won 4-1... so just off)
Rockets-Blazers 4-2 (RIGHT)

3 completely right, 2 correct results and two wrong and potentially one more completely right. I should have placed some bets, haha. Here are my second round predictions:

Cavs-Hawks - Cavs 4-1
Magic-Celts - Magic 4-3
Lakers-Rockets - Lakers 4-2 (I'm hoping for a 4-3 Rockets, though!)
Nuggets-Mavs - Mavs 4-2 (I think Mavs have it in em to take down Billups and co.)

Anyone else?

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
I don't see the Mavs taking out Denver. Oh and almost everybody got the Bulls-Celtics one wrong except for me. I predicted on my facebook that it will go to 7 games and that the Bulls will win it. :D

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I don't see the Mavs taking out Denver. Oh and almost everybody got the Bulls-Celtics one wrong except for me. I predicted on my facebook that it will go to 7 games and that the Bulls will win it. :D
I guess you got it wrong as well, then. :)

I think the Mavs will be able to hang on to the Nuggets (or rather, I hope, haha). Tomorrow is a big night with Orlando-Boston and Houston-LA. Oh, and I updated my predictions for Round 2.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
vBookie events have been created for the CLE-ATL and DEN-DAL series' as well as for the NBA championship. I will add the HOU-LAL and BOS-ORL series' when the odds have been calculated by bet365.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Boston will shine somehow.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
What a game between Orlando and Boston. Finally won on buzzer beater. Boston need to close the series early or else they will be exauted for finals.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Houston getting pounded by LA.

ashgray2

School Cricketer
Western Conference:
Hou or LAL vs DEN

I want LAL to be the one to bet DEN.

Eastern Conference:
ORl or BOS vs CLE

Doesn't matter I just want CLE to win this one.

I'm just wondering who's going to be the champion in this season.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
LA lost the game today in just first quater.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Man, my Rockets are doing great this year! Hoping for an upset over the Lakers in Game 7. All this without Yao and T-Mac as well!

Users who are viewing this thread