New Q&A With Producer Jamie Firth

If we say a couple of weeks, we're giving an estimate, it doesn't mean in 14 days, I hope you understand.

Nope, dont understand, now gimme gimme gimme :p

On a more serious note, could you just clarify once and for all if changes made to the game will also be implemented online, ie bowler speeds

Nope, dont understand, now gimme gimme gimme :p

On a more serious note, could you just clarify once and for all if changes made to the game will also be implemented online, ie bowler speeds

Yes. You'll now have to wait for the patch to discover what is, an isn't in! :crying (hint to those who want to engage me in a 'what's in the patch' guessing game :)). I think the best approach when getting the beta is to simply play it, rather than poke through the change log. I will however say in broad terms that the focus is on improvements to existing features, not adding new features. Also, Sureshot put it nicely, it'd be naive to think it'll now be the perfect game, but we hope you'll find it a valuable improvement.

Yes. You'll now have to wait for the patch to discover what is, an isn't in! :crying (hint to those who want to engage me in a 'what's in the patch' guessing game :)). I think the best approach when getting the beta is to simply play it, rather than poke through the change log. I will however say in broad terms that the focus is on improvements to existing features, not adding new features. Also, Sureshot put it nicely, it'd be naive to think it'll now be the perfect game, but we hope you'll find it a valuable improvement.

Damn! And I just love that game. How about "I Spy" instead??:)

I honestly don't think there will ever be a 'perfect' cricket game - there are far too many variables that would be impossible to simulate completely accurately on a computer game and make the game fun as well.

Agreed about playing it instead of trawling a changelog. It's the same with a game's demo - go and play it and then read people's feedback.

Aye, the days of playing a back foot clip through mid-wicket to a nigh-on yorker length ball has long gone!

does this include the AI playing a cut shot to a full ball out side off stump to Offspinners, left arm round and right arm over wide of the crease and getting bowled?

It would be great if they could let us use the user custom names (i.e. FIXED REAL names) in online mode.

It would be great if they could let us use the user custom names (i.e. FIXED REAL names) in online mode.

Cant do that for licensing issues. That sounds like a lawsuit from the BCCI waiting to happen

Nah we are getting used to Dhabi's, Adafri's and Akhman :laugh

This isn't a silly question, but no one can answer this accurately just yet. Once we're all happy with the closed beta (currently at build 5), we'll be starting with an open beta, and will more than likely go through a couple of revisions before we finally release the patch. So sit tight, it'll be released as soon as we're happy with it, but no sooner.

Rest assured, many of the senior Planet Cricket members are currently doing a cracking job with Beta testing, helping us address many of the major concerns and tuning the game play. As soon as we're there, you'll know about it, but we won't commit to one day or another despite the broad estimates given. If we say a couple of weeks, we're giving an estimate, it doesn't mean in 14 days, I hope you understand.
I'm more senior than most of the people here, wheres my invitation :p

Anyway, good to hear, let's get the complete patch out rather than something thats unfinished... again.

does this include the AI playing a cut shot to a full ball out side off stump to Offspinners, left arm round and right arm over wide of the crease and getting bowled?

Don't know what I can and can't say tbh :D Rob?

As Rob said easier to let people guess for the moment unfortunately. Sorry guys.

i think thats stupid if you know tell us we have a right to know we are all angry as it is as a patch still had to be made when we trusted codemasters,transmission and paid for this game. So dont make us guess and all this we deserve to know. Gotta admit dont think this patch is gonna make it a massive deal better but on the otha hand doesent need a massive boost but if there are some stupid issues that still havent been adressed i think ill give up on buying a good cricket game for the time being.

i think thats stupid if you know tell us we have a right to know we are all angry as it is as a patch still had to be made when we trusted codemasters,transmission and paid for this game. So dont make us guess and all this we deserve to know. Gotta admit dont think this patch is gonna make it a massive deal better but on the otha hand doesent need a massive boost but if there are some stupid issues that still havent been adressed i think ill give up on buying a good cricket game for the time being.

Most games release patches to fix bugs and gameplays after they get the input from the community. Atleast they are releasing a patch. There have been so many cricket games that have released and the publishers have dissappeared after that. So the games remained broken. I have pile of them if you want. Be thankful to these guys. They already have our money from the game but they still care

Users who are viewing this thread