New Update Discussion

We have. The issues are far more complex than are generally being thought through on here and have a lot to do with the Academy and the players downloaded, and whether there are fielders of ability or not, and where they are placed. The avoidance of fielders is one of the biggest issues causing what would appear to be minimised shot selection.

@wealey88 sounds like something you could be interested in? Evening the fielding attributes could fix things.

Maybe someone can try playing these shots with all default teams that ship with the game.

Yeah, maybe even shift everyone to the onside and see if you can open up the offside with default teams.

Okay, so if you take just the on disk domestic teams - in DBC14 you can play domestic cricket in two countries.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can play a career in 8 additional countries, all with unique formats, fixtures and teams.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can start in club cricket in over 1000 different places around the world - and then earn contracts to play in competitions in all those countries.

Without downloading a single thing in DBC17, you can do all of that as a female cricketer as well! With the female career also having unique formats, fixtures and teams.

And yes - you can make your own 'Bees and Flies' - then you can design them a custom stadium - or seven - you can design and give them your own custom logo, create and customise all the players on your teams, giving them unique bats with any design you like, you could give them tattoos you design, you can create a kit for the team with any design you can think of. On console, right now, no downloads, no additional payments.

And then, once you've done that, you could make that your club team and start your career for them and work up to the international level - and then maybe you could go online and start downloading something.

Matt - how do I make my club side? because I can't see how to create a league, i don't know how I will say "they are a club side". any help?

@BigAntStudios, different gravity and atmospheric settings for DBC 20 pls.

Buoyant bubble stadiums incoming?
Cover Drive and Leg Glance please.[DOUBLEPOST=1482330784][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe someone can try playing these shots with all default teams that ship with the game.
I have and it is still the same...even on an empty field against the bowling machine.

Matt - how do I make my club side? because I can't see how to create a league, i don't know how I will say "they are a club side". any help?

I think when you're selecting clubs for you career you can press square or triangle and from there you can edit it (not sure if it's correct).

BA pays me to grind trolls down
That explains...you are a part of the problem then and this is not a free forum. It is shocking that BA would pay people to curb criticism. Hmmm

I have. Thankfully I'll never have to read one of your posts again, ever.

Go look at the rude dude in the mirror, then read some of the posts above.

You sound stressed, take a chill pill and relax we are all entitled to our opinion. I have just shelled out for a game which is annoyingly a little broken and has important stuff not included from the previous game.

I asked rhetorical questions and got silly answers not everyone watches cricket I would be surprised if all of the developers of Ghost recon were actually members of the Armed forces?

Rude would be to question the graphics and the game play. One has no problems and the other can be fixed I asked for something important to the genre to be included. I questioned something innocent not called you names and neither stamped my feet and got angry, just an amicable opinion.

Best of wishes for you and your team and seasons greetings.

It is the same even on an empty field with an on disc batsman against the bowling machine!!!

I'm assuming Bigant were referring to actual gameplay instead of the practice modes.

Maybe give it a day or two before you lose your shit. Not sure what BigAnt have to gain by being disingenuous about the issues so let's see where it goes.

[DOUBLEPOST=1482329609][/DOUBLEPOST]

To be honest I've never read, or even heard of Wisdon. To be fair I don't think I'd much care to either as I read Wisden.

You should try it it's a bloody good read.

You create a team as a new club in the academy, and then during the career setup, highlight the club you want to edit (or press the add new button) and then use the option to import the identity from a custom team in the academy. This doesn't include players because those are generated as part of the career process.

and if none exists how do you explain the lack of acknowledgement/support.
The review threads were all read and any unique issues noted highlighted and reviewed. The sheer volume of posts means it isn't possible to individually reply to everything, and that time is better spent elsewhere.

The best feedback I believe we can provide is to work hard on updates and deliver them - that happened today with an update that got as much done as feasible with the tight deadlines around Christmas, and will continue.

So the animations and shots are there but they have become unavailable due to academy and created players. Am I reading this right?

Considering that the AI has played cover drives, leg glaces, etc. to me, and I've actually (accidentally) managed a few leg glaces, then yeah, it appears that the stuff is there.[DOUBLEPOST=1482331656][/DOUBLEPOST]
You should try it it's a bloody good read.

Any idea where I can get this "Wisdon"?

I'm assuming Bigant were referring to actual gameplay instead of the practice modes.

Maybe give it a day or two before you lose your shit. Not sure what BigAnt have to gain by being disingenuous about the issues so let's see where it goes.
Do they have different game play mechanics for practice and matches. Seriously?:spy

Anyway, on disc batsman against on disc team (nothing downloaded from academy)and all the issues still persist, in all formats of the game.

You seem to spend a lot of time chasing around people who dare to criticise the game. By a lot, I mean pretty much all of your time. Maybe you can be the planetcricket enforcer police b***h. A position of authori-tie. That would make you feel good wouldnt it? You can even wear a badge and a uniform. Maybe even get you a piece of biltong and a spank for every post you make.

Hang on, youve got a uniform and badge on already dont ya? Ya do, you old sailor you...

1)
stop getting all emotional.

But yea I absolutely hate people who complain about the game.
No one is saying that Don Bradman is fantastic (maybe 1 or 2 but that's their opinion). I also would like to know the answer to your questions but I have faith that Big Ant will deliver...

The worst was that Royce guy. He kept on complaining and it was so stupid and unnecessary!
Sorry Royce you make great points

If anyone has anything negative to say they become invalid!
Despite my harsh views on the game

Ruining basics? That's nonsense! The game is perfect. End of.
I mean career mode, gameplay modifiers, stadiums, logos and women are the 'improvements' (in quotation marks because I don't agree with women being an improvement) but it seems the problem was they screwed a lot of stuff up and couldn't fix basic problems from the last iteration...

It's funny because you people are the only ones with negative views!
(which says that the game is underpar which is what 90% everyone thinks, including fanboys)

I just get so annoyed whenever people say ANYTHING negative about the game. It's complete rubbish. Like I said the game is perfect. So you cannot make any sort of negative feedback or anything of the sort. Big Ant are literal gods for developing such a quality game!

But most importantly;
stop getting all emotional.

But for real I left out 5+ posts of me saying negative things about the game...

Users who are viewing this thread