New Update Discussion

Do they have different game play mechanics for practice and matches. Seriously?:spy

Anyway, on disc batsman against on disc team (nothing downloaded from academy)and all the issues still persist, in all formats of the game.

Potentially? Unless bigant are straight up lying it's a possibility.

You're going to have a panic attack if you get yourself this worked up over the game. Let's just see what happens.

I know you want things to get better so let's see if it does yeah?

Potentially? Unless bigant are straight up lying it's a possibility.

You're going to have a panic attack if you get yourself this worked up over the game. Let's just see what happens.

I know you want things to get better so let's see if it does yeah?

Nah...the game is destined for the bin...why would I get worked up over it? Just trying to help people see the real deal and all the underlying hideousness associated with this game.

@BigAntStudios, @MattW, I've read the FAQ but I didn't see any reference to Batting, specifically varied shots all over the wagon wheel. Apologize if I've missed a post somewhere but it would be great if you can confirm you are looking into the batting concerns which i've documented in the DBC Batting thread (link below) along with the wagon wheel...
DBC 17 Batting - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

I'm more of a batting enthusiast and would rather simulate bowling and spend most of my time batting in video games so the lack of shot variety and not accessible areas on the wagon wheel takes a lot of fun and immersion from the batting. Would love to hear your views and possibly the item being added in the FAQ.

@varunschuey Oke I have had loads of fun with you but you are now on the ignore list. Merry Christmas and enjoy oblivion

I admire your patience, he went on my ignore list days ago. With all the missing posts every thread round here these days reads like a Norman Collier sketch*

*reference for those of a certain vintage

Nah...the game is destined for the bin...why would I get worked up over it? Just trying to help people see the real deal and all the underlying hideousness associated with this game.
Give it a rest dude. Your drivel is becoming irrational. People don't need your help to see the "real deal". They can play the game and decide if it works for them or not. Go do some consulting elsewhere.

A
@BigAntStudios, @MattW, I've read the FAQ but I didn't see any reference to Batting, specifically varied shots all over the wagon wheel. Apologize if I've missed a post somewhere but it would be great if you can confirm you are looking into the batting concerns which i've documented in the DBC Batting thread (link below) along with the wagon wheel...
DBC 17 Batting - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

I'm more of a batting enthusiast and would rather simulate bowling and spend most of my time batting in video games so the lack of shot variety and not accessible areas on the wagon wheel takes a lot of fun and immersion from the batting. Would love to hear your views and possibly the item being added in the FAQ.
A few pages back Ross has commented on the batting saying the lack of variation is caused by Academy, created players and ability factor of fielders.

Give it a rest dude. Your drivel is becoming irrational. People don't need your help to see the "real deal". They can play the game and decide if it works for them or not. Go do some consulting elsewhere.

Nothing really badly, terribly wrong with the game some things need sorting and others need adding but on the whole okay let's see what happens to game play in the next month.

Seems to me that anytime I play a game at a international stage in career the career resets?

Your playing internationals in Career??? I'm still trying to score in double figures! (Nothing to do with the game I'm just an amateur).

A

A few pages Ross has commented on the batting saying the lack of variation is caused by Academy, created players and ability factor of fielders.

If that's the case then I can confirm I'm having the same batting experience with both downloaded as well as out of the box teams. Ross/ @BigAntStudios 7 @MattW, I can confirm that I've played with both the downloaded teams (Eng, SA, NZ, Aus) as well as out of the box teams (Ind, SL, WI) and the results have been the same. I had India vs Sri Lanka match with out of the box teams - no tweaking of skills/attributes - and just how the teams were out of the box and my wagon wheel was just the same as with the downloaded teams from the academy.

The batting explanation provided by @Ross does make sense actually. It is easier to hit shots in the direction of/through cover in the nets and training than in matches.[DOUBLEPOST=1482333716][/DOUBLEPOST]@cricket_online "The avoidance of fielders is one of the biggest issues causing what would appear to be minimised shot selection" is the main bit that should be focussed on I think.

Users who are viewing this thread