New Update Discussion

Because its a lame excuse given by Bigant....already tested and verified to be not true. Ross is either making these excuses himself or his developers are taking him for a ride....I suspect a bit of both.
Mate everyone is sick of your nonsense sorry to say. BigAnt will fix this in Atleast a week or two. They also said it may be due to academy faults not that it is due to academy faults. Not sure you finished your child's books darling.

EDIT: I wrote such a nice speech and didn't know he got banned in that 6 minute time span lol.

Mate everyone is sick of your nonsense sorry to say. BigAnt will fix this in Atleast a week or two. They also said it may be due to academy faults not that it is due to academy faults. Not sure you finished your child's books darling.

EDIT: I wrote such a nice speech and didn't know he got banned in that 6 minute time span lol.
Great speech though! Do you do after-dinners? :p

Reactions: DAP
I have installed the new patch and followed the steps given in the FAQ and below are my observation

Get best is working now with whatever teams are available and haven't faced any crash till now
UI is faster than before
Gameplay speed has been increased which makes me feel its completely a different game now. I don't know if they did any tweaking on the AI but I felt I played against a human. The shot selection was very good. I will upload the video later you can see it yourself
Online multiplayer difficulty level was added. I played a 10 over match in veteran difficulty and was able to score less than 75.
I made a suggestion to include the preview/selection of kits in the game lobby. They have added this option to select the kit from different formats :)
The speed of the throw and keepers reaction are quicker now. Not completely fixed but much much better than before also keeper diving unnecessarily was reduced

My only concern with the above patch is, now the pace has been increased and I feel its too fast. I can't judge the ball anything above 130. I get perfect timing only if i press the button immediately the ball was released from the hand.

The rest of the gameplay issues/bugs still remain. No doubt they will fix it at the earliest possible.

I really appreciate the time they took to fix the crash and other improvements in less than a week is remarkable,
Many thanks to @BigAntStudios

Did people actually want default pace bowling speed to increase? It would look more realistic but it's more fun to judge a ball and then play it instead of premeditating a shot

Being honest it did take a while for them to release the 'big patch' for DBC 14. A lot of people feel that game wasn't broken and should have added to that instead of building the current DBC 17 from the ground up. I have faith in BA releasing updates for the game but as stated in another thread from DBC 14 one patch can damage another but then it may repair everything. Only time will tell this is about a three year project not a yearly release.

I don't know if you know the difference but this post of yours atleast tries to make others want to understand what you are trying to say. THIS is civilized. Not the ones before.

Anyway, yeah I remember what happened with DBC14 too, but realistically speaking they are much more experienced now and surely wouldn't take much time releasing what they promise to release. They are probably one of the fastest responding developers in the market.
Regarding building DBC17 over the foundation of DBC14...well theoretically right but I'm neither part of the development team nor someone who has the game so I can't comment on implementation.

I have installed the new patch and followed the steps given in the FAQ and below are my observation

Get best is working now with whatever teams are available and haven't faced any crash till now
UI is faster than before
Gameplay speed has been increased which makes me feel its completely a different game now. I don't know if they did any tweaking on the AI but I felt I played against a human. The shot selection was very good. I will upload the video later you can see it yourself
Online multiplayer difficulty level was added. I played a 10 over match in veteran difficulty and was able to score less than 75.
I made a suggestion to include the preview/selection of kits in the game lobby. They have added this option to select the kit from different formats :)
The speed of the throw and keepers reaction are quicker now. Not completely fixed but much much better than before also keeper diving unnecessarily was reduced

My only concern with the above patch is, now the pace has been increased and I feel its too fast. I can't judge the ball anything above 130. I get perfect timing only if i press the button immediately the ball was released from the hand.

The rest of the gameplay issues/bugs still remain. No doubt they will fix it at the earliest possible.

I really appreciate the time they took to fix the crash and other improvements in less than a week is remarkable,
Many thanks to @BigAntStudios

Aaand this is what I came to see in this thread. Thank You! Sanity restored :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482353366][/DOUBLEPOST]

From my observation, if you set the difficulty to custom and go to the gameplay modifiers and set the marker to show early then you should be good. Let us know if that helps?

Did people actually want default pace bowling speed to increase? It would look more realistic but it's more fun to judge a ball and then play it instead of premeditating a shot

Yeah many did.

Premeditation was to be solved by showing the length indicator early.

We have. The issues are far more complex than are generally being thought through on here and have a lot to do with the Academy and the players downloaded, and whether there are fielders of ability or not, and where they are placed. The avoidance of fielders is one of the biggest issues causing what would appear to be minimised shot selection.
Dint get what u were trying to explain the backfoot 360 degree shots are terrible

Showing the length indicator early is no different from ball marker (and is also kinda premiditation as you're not supposed to know the length before the ball is thrown). You know in DBC'14, fast bowling was much easier to time than medium or spin bowling because all you had to do was play your shot just a bit after the ball was released. So I thought they did a great job when they decreased the speed.. it was more difficult to time perfect shots.. it was more fun to judge and play the ball on its merit.... but some people just had to complain

Showing the length indicator early is no different from ball marker (and is also kinda premiditation as you're not supposed to know the length before the ball is thrown). You know in DBC'14, fast bowling was much easier to time than medium or spin bowling because all you had to do was play your shot just a bit after the ball was released. So I thought they did a great job when they decreased the speed.. it was more difficult to time perfect shots.. it was more fun to judge and play the ball on its merit.... but some people just had to complain
But you can still adjust the sliders to suit your preference.....

There's a slider for "Max Pace". Feel free to tone it down or increase the "Ball Marker" slider to view the slider a little early. The gameplay modifier aspect of the game is spot on and you can customize the gameplay as you deem fit.

Hey guys, I haven't started my career mode and I have 2 questions :)
Is the game itself/career mode good enough that I should start now, or should I wait until a bigger patch to fix up batting? There's obviously been mixed reviews but I'm thinking some of the criticisms are exaggerated.
Secondly, can you choose where your player fields? The slips and gully seem awesome now, I don't want to waste my career at third man.

Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread