New Zealand Domestic Season

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A big day out for our test pace bowling prospects (the squad's only like a week away from being named). Bracewell took 7, Wager 5, and Southee 4 on his return, to go with Boult and McClenaghan getting the job done against England the other night.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quite a few big scores around the country today

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Quite a few big scores around the country today

Just a tad. I've always rated Jamie How as a talent, but he never seemed to have the application to get runs. If this turns that around, then he could be the answer to the top order woes you're having.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The scores throughout the first four rounds have just been mental. It's been great for the batsmen with I think at least one century's being averaged every match, but you've got to feel a bit for the bowlers with the short boundaries and the lack of rain around the country.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Last day of our cricketing summer today with the OD final. Auckland are off to a pretty good start with Canterbury five down for 75 after 18 overs.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
It's definitely not a bad idea. It's been done in the past with limited overs cricket, in 2003, 2004, and 2005 from what I can find/remember.

Also I had a story with a similar concept, although I had four teams there.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Interesting, I didn't realise it'd been done before. I think it'd be a more important element for Test cricket to have this series. Saying that, using those teams for warm-up matches would also be vital.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
New Zealand Cricket - New Zealand Cricket announces contracted players for 2013-14

Corey Anderson ? Northern Knights
Trent Boult ? Northern Knights
Doug Bracewell ? Central Stags
Dean Brownlie ? Canterbury Wizards
Grant Elliott ? Wellington Firebirds
Peter Fulton ? Canterbury Wizards
Martin Guptill ? Auckland Aces
Tom Latham ? Canterbury Wizards
Bruce Martin ? Auckland Aces
Mitchell McClenaghan ? Auckland Aces
Brendon McCullum ? Otago Volts
Nathan McCullum ? Otago Volts
Kyle Mills ? Auckland Aces
Colin Munro ? Auckland Aces
Hamish Rutherford ? Otago Volts
Tim Southee ? Northern Knights
Ross Taylor ? Central Stags
Neil Wagner ? Otago Volts
BJ Watling ? Northern Knights
Kane Williamson ? Northern Knights

Corey Anderson, Tom Latham, Bruce Martin, Mitchell McClenaghan, Colin Munro and Hamish Rutherford are offered contracts for the first time this year. Grant Elliott regains an NZC contract after last being on the list in the 2010-11 season, while Peter Fulton makes his first return since 2008-09.

Players included in last year?s list who are not contracted for 2013-14 include Andrew Ellis, Daniel Flynn, James Franklin, Chris Martin, Tarun Nethula, Rob Nicol, Kruger van Wyk and Jacob Oram (later replaced by Neil Wagner). Daniel Vettori also comes off the list, after deciding to make himself unavailable last week.

I'm not really sure how much Fulton and Bruce Martin will have to offer over the next 12 months. At least it looks like they've finally given Franklin the flick, although they've replaced him with Elliott who's only going to play ODIs and even then he's only a fringe player.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
How good is Corey Anderson? Just looks like a big hitter than can bowl a bit. Hadn't heard of him at all before his debut match. Looks like they have a lot of faith in him; hopefully it pays off. :)

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
How good is Corey Anderson? Just looks like a big hitter than can bowl a bit. Hadn't heard of him at all before his debut match. Looks like they have a lot of faith in him; hopefully it pays off. :)

Yeah, he's definitely been given one based on his potential since he hasn't really had a big season or anything at the domestic level. He's had ongoing injury problems which have really affected his bowling, which is why that hasn't developed into much atm.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They said that they believe he's the one with the most potential to turn into the test all-rounder they're looking for

Users who are viewing this thread