New Zealand Domestic Season

I know you can get the scorecards of the games on the BC's site,
But just out of interest why does cricinfo follow every other domestic comp. except NZ?

Yeah, I was just thinking that! I mean c'mon you have Zimbabwe but when it comes to NZ "Oh no, not enough interest!" fail on cricinfo's part

I know you can get the scorecards of the games on the BC's site,
But just out of interest why does cricinfo follow every other domestic comp. except NZ?

I have no idea tbh. It's pretty slack though.

Solid opening spell from Arnel so far!

I hope they use Watling for the T20's or it's a waste when we could have him over here

Solid opening spell from Arnel so far!

I hope they use Watling for the T20's or it's a waste when we could have him over here

Good experience IMO. He's probably learn't quite a few things from the senior players. Can't see him playing in the 20/20's though tbh.

Also solid spell from Chris Martin so far.
Five over's for just 2 runs.

It's good to see Cameron Merchant batting in the middle order for Wellington, ND's was just too strong last year and he had to open (something he couldn't adjust to). Picking him to have a big season tbh.

I think it's good to see Elliot playing doemstic cricket straight after an injury, and not rushing straight back into the INT level.
It's something they have not done well with Oram, rushing him back into the INT game with no form behind him.

Haha, guess what...

Rain in Dunedin...

It's good to see Cameron Merchant batting in the middle order for Wellington, ND's was just too strong last year and he had to open (something he couldn't adjust to). Picking him to have a big season tbh.

You seem to rate him highly, I never took much notice of him because of the big names we had last year like Parlane, Flynn, Marshall and Williamson but I'll be guttered if he goes out and ends up averaging 50 or something this season for Wellington, I mean good for him and all but it'd be a shame for ND to have wasted such a good player.

Tim McIntosh gone early, not the start he needed for this coming season.

Bopara's in now though, come on CD :p

Tim McIntosh gone early, not the start he needed for this coming season.

Bopara's in now though, come on CD :p

I wonder if it'll take him time to adjust to NZ conditions or if he'll get stuck in straight away?

Stupid rain... *sigh*

You seem to rate him highly, I never took much notice of him because of the big names we had last year like Parlane, Flynn, Marshall and Williamson but I'll be guttered if he goes out and ends up averaging 50 or something this season for Wellington, I mean good for him and all but it'd be a shame for ND to have wasted such a good player.

Yeah he's a good player. He was a gun in Sydney grade cricket, he racked up 100 after 100 for his team (and that's a pretty high level).

Smart move coming over here as he'd get a chance to play some high level cricket unlike in Sydney where there's probably a high amount of players pushing for the NSW squad but too many for the selectors to chose from.

Sometimes I feel McIntosh may just strangle himself.
This time is another example, 5 off 37, against two alright bowlers that aren't exceptional.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Hey Howsie, heard anything about J Kuru?

Yea he's mud. He's the type of player that will make a big score one day, and follow it up with 5/6 innings of scores under 20, I have no idea why he's in the New Zealand team.

Oh wait, that's right....... Our other options aren't any better.

Howsie added 3 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Sometimes I feel McIntosh may just strangle himself.
This time is another example, 5 off 37, against two alright bowlers that aren't exceptional.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Hey Howsie, heard anything about J Kuru?

Nah I've never heard of Kuru tbh, he must be pretty decent to keep a few guys like Sherlock and McCleanaghan out of the team though.

Users who are viewing this thread