New Zealand Domestic Season

Oh god, Boult injured at his age, that's horrible. Not good news. Any bowler with any talent in this country seems to be injury prone. :/

It makes you wonder what New Zealand is doing wrong really, as you said this happens far to often to just be a coincidence.

I put it down to our guys just not playing enough in their youth mainly because our summers are so short and then suddenly when they get to domestic and even more so international level you play a lot more and the body is just not use to it.

Getting close to starting now I can't wait, I'm going to make a bigger effort this year to get out and support the domestic stuff and I encourage everyone to do the same. Will hopefully be able to catch the last session of some of the four day games at Seddon Park after work and the 28th of December will be the big one for me with Wellington taking on ND.

Bugger how the Aces aren't played at Eden Park this season as I live like two streets away.
Will no longer just be able to walk down their, so may struggle to watch as much as I would like. :crying

Ravi Bopara has signed with Auckland for the T20 comp, it will be officially announced on Monday. So that just leaves Canterbury without an international unless I am missing someone.

Auckland - Bopara
Northern Districts - Dilshan
Central Districts - Napier
Wellington - Shah
Canterbury - ???
Otago - Mascheranas

If he counted as one wouldn't guys like Wagner count too? Not entirely clear on the rules.

Yeah I don't know aye.
I just heard something last season, can't recall the player or the team, but they were trying to change nationalities, but up until they did they counted as an overseas player.

Kruger van Wyk? Not sure if he counts?

No he doesn't count, as he plan's on playing for New Zealand.

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Ravi Bopara has signed with Auckland for the T20 comp, it will be officially announced on Monday. So that just leaves Canterbury without an international unless I am missing someone.

Auckland - Bopara
Northern Districts - Dilshan
Central Districts - Napier
Wellington - Shah
Canterbury - ???
Otago - Mascheranas

Ravi Bopara :laugh What a waste, hopefully they're not paying him much.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

It's good to see that's he' also playing in one day tournament.

Canterbury doesn't need one of these mediocre overseas signings. We have McMillan!

Looks like Bopara will be out here for most if not all the season.

Yep all three, he should be over here next week for the start of it.

Users who are viewing this thread