New Zealand Domestic Season

I'm going to say three with one team playing in all three finals.

Going to say four with Auckland and Canterbury the teams missing out on a final.

That's a fantastic deal tbh, at least they got a high profile group. It should be good for the game I reckon.

As expected with the sponsorship sorted out the full schedule has been put up. What is strange is they are only doing 8 rounds of 50 over stuff so you will play some teams twice and others only once. In Wellington's case we only play Auckland and Central once. However we are having two semi finals this year.

New Zealand Cricket - Domestic Schedules

Looks like I will get to see Wellington play at least twice this year.

I'm disappointed that only the final will be shown on Sky, I know that's been the case over the last few years or so but surely with this extra money coming in they would won't to show a few more games.

What are your predictions guys?

First Class: Wellington

I think Wellington have some decent players who will be out to prove they have a future in NZ cricket this series such as Harry Boam and Josh Brodie.

Player To Watch: Josh Brodie

With the shortage of decent international NZ openers will be looking to prove they can fill that spot.

One Day: Otago

They have done well over the last couple of years. Winning the T20 competition last year and winning the One Day competition the year before that. Has a lot of current and ex blackaps players in the team and will be tough to beat.

Player To Watch: Neil Wagner

Had a terrific season last season and qualifies for New Zealand in February. Possibly the next Shane Bond or better.

Twenty20: Canterbury

The have some ex Blackcaps big hitters in the side such as Michael Papps and Peter Fulton who if do well will guide Canterbury to the finals.

Player to Watch: Kruger Van Wyk

He has done well for Canterbury over the last few years and qualifies to play for New Zealand soon. The ideal Brendon McCullum back up

Nevermind Papps and Fulton, we have McMillan playing for us in T20 lol

Forgot all about McMilan playing in the T20 they certainly have a chance then.

With all the blackcaps and internationals around its going to be to close to call anything I feel.

Nevermind Papps and Fulton, we have McMillan playing for us in T20 lol

How could I forget :D

Looking forward to seeing Ryan McCone this season. Is he a bowler or there for his batting as well? Played one game last season where he batted at number 9 and got 102.

Last edited:
Found out on the weekend why Trent Boult hadn't played for NZ A or the Emerging team during the winter, he suffered a stress-fracture in his back at the back end of the season.

It's not surprising tbh, given how small he is and all. He has been playing over in Australia over the last few weeks and he's been going fairly well so that's good news I guess.

NZC reports $6.84million surplus | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has posted a post-distribution surplus of NZ$6.84million (US$5,138,550), according to the results of their annual general meeting. Income amounted for the 2008-09 year was $55.99m (US$42,039,643) - and was 57% up on the previous year.

You would think with Australia coming here next year New Zealand should again make another solid profit.

The five districts will/have been given 12.16 million dollars, which is an increase of 26 percent from 2007/08. There was also more money spent on A tours and Under 19 tours.

Expenditure at $36.37m (US$27,311,265) - as compared to last year's $29.33m - was attributed to increased insurance costs, higher commissions on broadcasting rights and greater spending on New Zealand A, Emerging Players and Under-19 tours. Revenue was also boosted by ICC events and foreign currency gains. Approximately $12.19 million will be shared by the associations, a 26&% increase on 2007-08.

Oh god, Boult injured at his age, that's horrible. Not good news. Any bowler with any talent in this country seems to be injury prone. :/

Users who are viewing this thread