New Zealand Domestic Season

Yea same. Anyone bold enough to predict the winner's of the 50 over and FC competitions?

It could well depend on who has their black caps around for it Wellington for example has a lot of fringe players such as Franklin, Patel, Eliott, O'Brien and Gillespie if they all happen to be around for much of the summer Wellington will be a force. However if most of them are picked for international duty we will be rubbish.

It should be very close in all three formats which is why I am really looking forward to it.

My picks:

T20: Otago
One day: Wellington (Couldn't really seperate the teams so this is 100% bias)
Four day: Wellington

I'm picking both Auckland and Central Districts to go very well in the four day competition again. But you're right, it all depends on who's playing for the blackcaps.

ND's first-class team would probably look like this:

1.Wilson
2.Watling
3.Marshall
4.Williamson
5.Parlane
6.Yovich
7.McGlashan
8.Southee
9.Martin
10.Boult
11.Scott/Davis

It's not a bad team, I wonder if Hamish Marshall will play for them this year though, I haven't heard anything about that yet. Brad Wilson had a pretty solid season last year averaging 40 with the bat. Watling might not be their all season as he might get a international call-up though.

The bowling looks good. I can't see Tim Southee getting to much game-time with the BC's this season.

I can't see Tim Southee getting to much game-time with the BC's this season.

Which is good he needs to spend a lot of time there perfecting his trade. I am sure he will come back strong when he is ready.

I don't see Auckland doing as well in the four day game this year. Tuffey will probably be on international duty for a fair chunk of it and Martin has gone to Canterbury. If we are unlucky McInfail will still be with the black caps too.

Which is good he needs to spend a lot of time there perfecting his trade. I am sure he will come back strong when he is ready.

I don't see Auckland doing as well in the four day game this year. Tuffey will probably be on international duty for a fair chunk of it and Martin has gone to Canterbury. If we are unlucky McInfail will still be with the black caps too.

Yea you're probably right about Auckland, the bowling will be a lot weaker without Tuffey. Chris Martin didn't play that often for them though did he?

hey just out of curiosity who are the domestic coaches this year?
Is Auckland Mark O'Donnel and CD Dermont Reeve? What about the other four?

I'll probably be 100% wrong as all the teams are relatively even but ill give it a guess:
T20: Otago becuase they won it last year and have a good T20 side.
OD: Wellington for the same reason as Ari said.
FC: CD because they have a few past BC's, a lot of experience plus some youth.

I feel Canterbury are probably the weakest team so won't do to well.

I don't really think Auckland will do that well either, they really on some BC's like Tuffey who done outstanding last year and both openers are gone now to BC.

ND have a very young side with Flynn, Southee, Boult, Williamson, Watling etc. so will be one of the better sides in a few years time.

hey just out of curiosity who are the domestic coaches this year?
Is Auckland Mark O'Donnel and CD Dermont Reeve? What about the other four?

I'll probably be 100% wrong as all the teams are relatively even but ill give it a guess:
T20: Otago becuase they won it last year and have a good T20 side.
OD: Wellington for the same reason as Ari said.
FC: CD because they have a few past BC's, a lot of experience plus some youth.

I feel Canterbury are probably the weakest team so won't do to well.

I don't really think Auckland will do that well either, they really on some BC's like Tuffey who done outstanding last year and both openers are gone now to BC.

ND have a very young side with Flynn, Southee, Boult, Williamson, Watling etc. so will be one of the better sides in a few years time.

Hopefully in a few year's time those five player's would of cemented themselves in the New Zealand team

That's Northern Districts first game of the season at Seddon Park. With Uni being over and all I'll probably be working but hopefully I can catch one or two day's of the action.

You at Waikato uni? For some reason I thought you were an Aucklander. :p

Yea

But what made you think I was a Aucklander, I'm not that pompas am I? :p

Haha no. I think it was when you said you were at the Auckland vs WI warmup game I just assumed you were from up there.

Haha no. I think it was when you said you were at the Auckland vs WI warmup game I just assumed you were from up there.

Oh okay. Well I'm proud to say I've spent very little time in Auckland during my life.

Oh they took it down I guess it wasn't meant to be announced yet haha.

Lucky I downloaded it before they took it down.

Attachments

• Championship_2009_2010.pdf
    24.9 KB · Views: 46
How many different teams do you think will reach at least one final this season.
just 2, 3, 4, 5 or all 6?

I'm going to go 4.
What about you?

Users who are viewing this thread