New Zealand Domestic Season

about time he figured out who the best team is tbh :p

I would just like to congratulate Central Districts on their one win last season against the win less Northern knights. :D

Although to be fair this season with the likes of Taylor and Oram back in there ranks they will be a force.

We'll go alright, we should do a lot better this season. Team will probably look like this:

1.Watling
2.Dilshan
3.H.Marshall (Don't know if he's coming back again)
4.Flynn
5.J.Marshall
6.McGlashan
7.Williamson
8.Southee
9.Martin
10.Scott
11.Boult

Dilshan pretty much makes that team decent.

Hamish won't play at least not in the T20 you can only have one overseas player. You are forgetting Vettori as well all our international guys will be playing. The side looks solid without being spectacular If Dilshan and Vettori play well you guys should go alright. I do think on paper that Central, Otago and Wellington look best with all international guys included.

Canterbury in T20 is gonna be awesome this year. All the old guys are back. It's gonna be mean. I'm so gonna go and watch some games.

:facepalm Brain fade. Totally forgot about Vettori playing :D

1.Dilshan
2.Watling
3.Flynn
4.McGlashan
5.Marshall
6.Williamson
7.Yovich
8.Vettori
9.Southee
10.Boult
11.Scott/Davis

Meh, pretty average tbh.

Problem with ND is the lack of big middle order strikers in that team 2,3,5,6 are not huge hitters so if Dilshan and McGlashan fail you are in trouble. Bowling looks decent though.

I think it's pretty decent. Dunno about Flynn though.

How so? Flynn a couple of years back was our best limited overs batsmen.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Problem with ND is the lack of big middle order strikers in that team 2,3,5,6 are not huge hitters so if Dilshan and McGlashan fail you are in trouble. Bowling looks decent though.

Toatally agree. Flynn can give the ball a whack though, I've seen him hit some massive sixes in the past. Williamson isn't too bad at this stage, he can score quickly if needed.

Is Parlane still around the guy seems to be abit past it but he can still club the ball a long way he might look better in that team.

Is Parlane still around the guy seems to be abit past it but he can still club the ball a long way he might look better in that team.

Yea he is actually. You could probably bring him in for Williamson. Brad Wilson might get a run too, he only played two T20's last season but he made a quick 94 in his first game.

Yea he is actually. You could probably bring him in for Williamson. Brad Wilson might get a run too, he only played two T20's last season but he made a quick 94 in his first game.

WHAT? Replace him with Williamson? I thought you loved Williamson!!!!!

It is a good idea though. I don't rate Williamson much atm. He has a lot to prove.

Just thought i'd put it in here, COME ON AUCKLAND!!! :banana2 :hpraise :happy :clap

WHAT? Replace him with Williamson? I thought you loved Williamson!!!!!

It is a good idea though. I don't rate Williamson much atm. He has a lot to prove.

Where would he bat? Flynn has number three sewn up, Marshall haveMcGlashan and 4-5, I wouldn't want him coming in at six tbh. He's not a out and out power hitter.

Don't know how you can't rate Williamson though. He's just turned 19, he averaged 55 last season in FC cricket, and his career FC and one day record is already higher then Taylor's and Ryder's. Not to mention how he tore the England under 19's a new A hole when they toured over there last year. According to Patel and the English coach he was a class above every single player in the two teams. He'll be our best batsmen in 2-3 years, probably even sooner.

Didn't Flynn get dropped last season as he had terrible form. I wouldn't say he has number 3 sown up.

Have to agree with you on Williamson, just a few more seasons before we hopefully have a world class batsmen. Also very handy part time bowler.

Didn't Flynn get dropped last season as he had terrible form. I wouldn't say he has number 3 sown up.

Have to agree with you on Williamson, just a few more seasons before we hopefully have a world class batsmen. Also very handy part time bowler.

I don't think he was dropped. He was available for the final but Bradburn just didn't select him, I can't remember if he played in the semi or not.

Yea Williamson's quite a good off-spinner tbh, hopefully they don't get him to work on it too much though.

Users who are viewing this thread