New Zealand Domestic Season

Two games at Seddon Park, what the heck. At least they'll have more coverage of the games this season. Hopefully one day we'll get coverage of the one day and FC competitions to.

I would love for NZ to get FC matches. It's BS that we don't now. Means the only sport really available in NZ is Ruggers.

We use to get a lot of 50 over games back in the 90's when it was known as the Shell Cup. Can't recall them ever showing first class cricket though. For that to happen we need to start winning tests New Zealanders and most countries for that matter like to support winners and if we keep losing their just isn't enough interest in cricket to show them.

I know it would be a bit to much to ask for FC cricket to be shown on Sky, but the final should be. We got this year's final on sky but it was only shown as highlights. We should be getting at least one one day game a week (One game each round shown) shown live though. I speed gun at the games would also be nice.

Need to start winning more internationals for that to happen also need the all blacks to lose more as well. The masses will always support a winner and we have been so dominate in rugby up until now which is why rugby coverage is so good.

Going of topic a bit here but meh, but isn't interest in rugby getting lower? I guess we can hope for the All Blacks to do badly in the WC in 2011 and for the Black Caps to win it :D

I don't think results will matter much. People in this country would rather watch a bunch of big dumb rugby players run around grabbing each other than they would watching a sport which requires actual skill and brains.

Interest in cricket did grow when the all blacks crashed out of the last world cup. The angry mob at the time was saying cricket should be our national sport because we can at least make the semi finals there. :D

Hope Australia win this weekend so we finish last in the tri nations. ;)

Going to try and get back on topic from now on.

Cricket climbed up the ladder when we beat Australia 3-0 just before the World Cup, everyone thought we had a chance of winning it. Hmm, great times.

Graham Napier will be playing for central in the T20 cup this year he might also play some post christmas 50 over games for them as well. Traitor :p

Users who are viewing this thread