New Zealand Domestic Season

They are taking their time with the schedules both domestic and international. I am hoping that Wellington manage to get a game in Hamilton this year, last year they were either up north or over in Tauranga.

I hope Northern Districts get a couple of One Day's in Gisborne. They seem to always play well there

Not sure where else to put this and it probably isn't worth its own thread but Vettori and Moles are now selectors along with Turner, Greatbatch and Wright. Nash has stepped down.

Vettori and Moles in New Zealand's selection panel | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Not entirely sure how I feel about this. Vettori seems to think highly of guys like Oram and Styris which could lead to some bias. But at the same time there is some fresh input which is badly needed some of the squads selected recently have been poor.

Last edited:
Not sure where else to put this and it probably isn't worth its own thread but Vettori and Moles are now selectors along with Turner, Greatbatch and Wright. Nash has stepped down.

Vettori and Moles in New Zealand's selection panel | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Not entirely sure how I feel about this. Vettori seems to think highly of guys like Oram and Styris which could lead to some bias. But at the same time there is some fresh input which is badly needed some of the squads selected recently have been poor.

I'm happy with it tbh, adding Vettori is a pretty good idea.

Yeah it's a good idea making Vetorri selector. He'll know who the best players are as he would've played against them.

Wellington have signed Owais Shah for the Twenty20 competition this season.

Is Graham Napier coming back this season?

Wellington have signed Owais Shah for the Twenty20 competition this season.

Is Graham Napier coming back this season?

Decent signing I hope Napier comes back for the other stuff.

Since most of the Blackcaps will be around during the T20 this year Wellington should be strong.

1: Ryder
2: Bell
3: Shah
4: Elliot
5: Franklin
6: Nevin
7: Boam
8: Woodcock
9: Patel
10: O'Brien
11: Gillespie

Last edited:
Looks like a really strong team. The Top five isn't bad, Elliott would probably go allright if batting with the likes of Franklin and Ryder. Would they actually play Harry Boam though?

Looks like a really strong team. The Top five isn't bad, Elliott would probably go allright if batting with the likes of Franklin and Ryder. Would they actually play Harry Boam though?

Boam is the one unsure spot I have they might go with someone like Bowden instead. I would probably open with Nevin aswell and let Bell float somewhere in the middle order and come in earlier if we have a collapse otherwise he can just keep drifting down the order and come in below Woodcock if everything is going well. :D

Yea I remember Bell coming in at around 7-8 last year. I was actually thinking Wellington might give Illi Tugaga a chance in to 20/20's. He's a bowler but his batting is some what like Tim Southee's (More controlled though) He played a few games for them last season.

Having Owais Shah in the teams will definately strengthen the Wellington T20 side

It seems Mascarenhas will be back again for Otago next season no real surprise there. However Auckland also appear to be chasing Symonds.

Symonds should be keen. We've got plenty of fish and booze over here.

Users who are viewing this thread