New Zealand Domestic Season

It would do us the world of good to have the likes of Tuffey in our Test Squad and Bond in our limited overs set-up.

It wouldn't be to bad of a thing if that happened, I must say. :D

Some slightly old news but it appears Chris Martin is heading back to Canterbury for next season. With Bond being back full-time as well they suddenly look quite strong in the bowling department.

Looks like Northern Districts is following some of the Aussie state team's idea's and have signed Tillakaratnae Dilshan for this seasons state T20. It's a nice signing and as long as he only play's 20/20 games I'm happy.

Well we have seen it recently with the Australian domestic T20 competition and now it is happening here. Dilshan signs with Northern Districts.

Northern Districts sign Dilshan | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

I expect most other teams to follow as well I wonder what the chances are of some players like Hayden, Gilchrist and Symonds coming over for it since they are done with internationals. There were some rumours going around last season about Hayden playing for Auckland.

Last edited:
Woop Dilshan :banana2 but Brent Arnel got a contract from New Zealand so out bowling will be weakened if he's away

Last edited:
Ewwww at Rob Nicol moving down here. I really don't like that guy. He's too bits and pieces.

State contracts have been annouced.

New Zealand Cricket - Major Associations announce contracted players for 2009-10

Disappointed to see Hay miss out I hope he leaves CD.

I was very surprised that Greg Hay didn't get a contract either. How he can go from NZ A to not even getting a domestic contract shocks me.

ND didn't give Cameron Merchant a contract either which sucks, I played a few games with him early this year when he wasn't making the ND team, his a really good guy and pretty mean batsmen.

Well at least Wellington are going to give Merchant a chance, though he'll have a harder time trying to get into that Wellington side than ND though.

I don't get why Greg Hay was dropped, the guy still averages over 40 in both FC & List A, which is rare for any domestic player to achieve over here, though I still think he'll get a few opportunities during the year, especially with Oram being close to pulling up the stumps in the longer forms of the game.

Well at least Wellington are going to give Merchant a chance, though he'll have a harder time trying to get into that Wellington side than ND though.

I don't get why Greg Hay was dropped, the guy still averages over 40 in both FC & List A, which is rare for any domestic player to achieve over here, though I still think he'll get a few opportunities during the year, especially with Oram being close to pulling up the stumps in the longer forms of the game.

I think the reason Merchant didn't do to well here is because Bradburn was trying to use him as an opening batsmen, he play's his best cricket at 3-4. I think he will find playing for Wellington better for his career because I can't see him being used as an opener down there.

Craig McMillan is going to be playing T20 for Canterbury this season. Their team is starting to look very strong now.

McMillan to play Twenty20s for Canterbury | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

It sounds like he might even want to play T20 cricket for NZ again either that or an IPL contract. :p

Good on him, it's a good signing for Canterbury. I'd say it's more for the Champions Trophy and IPL though. Wouldn't mind seeing him play for NZ in ODI cricket though

I'm guttered about Greg Hay, how and why? I was expecting to see him in the New Zealand team at the latest 2012.

Also I'm slightly disapointed to see James Neesham didn't get a contract for Auckland, I guess he didn't get his chance last season even though he was in the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread