New Zealand Domestic Season

There's not really anything to Lol about. How was playing very solidly but a great piece of keeping from Hopkins(Standing up to Tuffey) got How when he tryed to sweep slog over midwicket and got stumped with his foot in the air.

Getting stumped off a pace bowler sums up Jamie How for me. He seems keen on getting himself out in any way he possibly can. The guy can't buy a run at the moment.

And what's he doing slog sweeping a pace bowler? He used to play such nice cricket shots - cover, on and straight drives and now he's playing ugly slogs.

Canterbury and Otago play in the semi-final tomorrow. I'm probably going to go down and watch it if it's a nice day.

The winner takes on ND and it'll be shown on sky on Saturday which is nice. Coulda had the semi too though.

Canterbury 24/4 ouch. I'm not going to go down and watch unless there's some runs to defend.

Canterbury 56/6! Must be a minefield. It might be worth watching Bond bowling on what would appear to be a fast bowler's paradise. QEII isn't known as a great batting surface.
Wagner, again. 6-2-11-3, including old teammate for Transvaal Van Wyk, as well as Robertson and Papps. We need to snap this guy up as soon as he's eligible...

2 years they said in commentary. That's a long time :( Lucky he's young.

He was getting some very nice and late swing early on. Sounds a really good bowler. We'll get to see him on TV in the final by the looks which will be awesome. :)

Last edited:
They are saying it is a good batting pitch will be interesting to see what Bond can do.

2 wickets, both bowled. The run-rates good though. Probably just top bowling.

canterbury should be ashamed. Otago really managed to rip into bond on what seemed to be a bowling pitch.

Oh well ND vs Otago shall be very interesting.

Wasn't a bowling pitch at all the Canterbury batsman just failed big time.

canterbury should be ashamed. Otago really managed to rip into bond on what seemed to be a bowling pitch.

Oh well ND vs Otago shall be very interesting.

Yeah, wasn't great. They did lose their best batsman - Fulton.

Bond got 2 wickets. He was a little expensive, but obviously he was attacking for wickets and Otago had no pressure on. Van Wyk rightly had 3 slips and no third man so was always going to be expensive.

Wasn't a bowling pitch, was a belter from all reports. Just a bit of early swing, accurate bowling and poor batting meant Canterbury made it look that way.

Canterbury look the weakest side in the competition (Heck, they've lost some huge players in the last few years), so making 3rd is a good achievement if you ask me. They weren't really deserving of a semi-final spot to be perfectly honest.

Anyone else disappointed with the final? Terrible batting by ND followed by even worse batting from Otago. Mascarenhas' innings was class :clap

Lol, we shouldn't have really won that, well we didn't really deserve to however a fine innings from Yovich. First low scoring final in quite a while

Wasn't THAT low scoring. Wasn't high scoring. I guess with all the 300 scores posted these days it seems low. Back in the old days of ODI cricket that was a reasonable total.

ND are the better side I feel. They deserved it. Wagner really impressed me as I expected he would. He looks very accurate and hard to play.

76 off 42 for Nathan McCullum against Canterbury! Good to see, another McCullum belting attacks around. Could be a good closer for the black caps. His spin bowling is great also. WHy Diamanti made the squad over him i'll never know. He hit 7 sixes and 3 fours. 222/3 Otago finished on. In the other game Northen made 149/8.

The third game - Wellington vs Central is on Sky Sport at 6:50 tonight (half an hour) Just a reminder. Should be good. Fleming is back playing for Wellington.

Franklin doing well with the bat again hitting just about everything in the middle. Might get an IPL contract out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread