New Zealand Domestic Season

Don't know how you can't rate Williamson though. He's just turned 19, he averaged 55 last season in FC cricket, and his career FC and one day record is already higher then Taylor's and Ryder's. Not to mention how he tore the England under 19's a new A hole when they toured over there last year. According to Patel and the English coach he was a class above every single player in the two teams. He'll be our best batsmen in 2-3 years, probably even sooner.

I rate the guy but this season will probably be his toughest bowlers would have seen enough of him by now and know what hes all about. I hope he doesn't go the way of Greg Hay who had a brilliant season in 07/08 but now he doesn't even have a contract.

I rate the guy but this season will probably be his toughest bowlers would have seen enough of him by now and know what hes all about. I hope he doesn't go the way of Greg Hay who had a brilliant season in 07/08 but now he doesn't even have a contract.

Didn't Hay have a poor technique. I remember Andy Moles going on about how he couldn't get the ball off the square and if you didn't bowl short to him he'd get himself out?

I agree this season will be much harder but hopefully ND play him at three. He's played all his cricket at three and he has to play a full season there before NZ even think about selecting him.

3 Williamson
4 Taylor
5 Ryder

Could be a fantastic 3-4-5.

I've always wondered what happened to Hay as on ICC he is New Zealand's best batsmen on 08 and up their on 09.
Do you think he will still play for CD? as they can only have 12 contracted players.

I've always wondered what happened to Hay as on ICC he is New Zealand's best batsmen on 08 and up their on 09.
Do you think he will still play for CD? as they can only have 12 contracted players.

He's still in the area from what I know. I was suprised another team didn't pick him up tbh.

Can't comment on his technique as I have never seen him play first class cricket.

He might get some games if players are injured but he certainly isn't part of CD's main plans.

Can't comment on his technique as I have never seen him play first class cricket.

He might get some games if players are injured but he certainly isn't part of CD's main plans.

Or if guys like Brad Patton don't continue on with there form from 08. That comment btw was in 08 when we were about to tour England (When people were saying Hay might make the team). Maybe he tried something different in his technique during the last season.

Or if guys like Brad Patton don't continue on with there form from 08. That comment btw was in 08 when we were about to tour England (When people were saying Hay might make the team). Maybe he tried something different in his technique during the last season.

Ah Moles was probably trying to hype up Flynn the ND boy in that case. ;)

:facepalm Brain fade. Totally forgot about Vettori playing :D

1.Dilshan
2.Watling
3.Flynn
4.McGlashan
5.Marshall
6.Williamson
7.Yovich
8.Vettori
9.Southee
10.Boult
11.Scott/Davis

Meh, pretty average tbh.

Scott's more experienced than Davis so I'd pick him. Rather mediocre looking I'd say.

Yeah, the reason I don't rate him is because he's not ready yet. One good season in our weak domestic comp isn't a huge thing. I'll be watching this season and hopefully he's consistent and THEN i'll probably rate him higher. Looking forward to domestics this year.

Yeah, the reason I don't rate him is because he's not ready yet. One good season in our weak domestic comp isn't a huge thing. I'll be watching this season and hopefully he's consistent and THEN i'll probably rate him higher. Looking forward to domestics this year.

Fair enough. But one good season at 18 is pretty impressive.

I just hope Kane Williamson doesn't get too complacent. And I wouldn't want him in New Zealands international plans until he's 21 atleast.

Would be nice to get those domestic schedules out probably only about five or six weeks away from the start now. Very excited about this season.

I just hope Kane Williamson doesn't get too complacent. And I wouldn't want him in New Zealands international plans until he's 21 atleast.

I agree to an extent. You have to remember Williamson has only just turned 19 and he was probably one of the best domestic batsmen last season. If he play's well this season and scores 4-5 100's (We need him scoring 100's first) and then play's well for New Zealand A (Something he didn't do over the winter) I'd have him in the team as a 19-20 year old.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Would be nice to get those domestic schedules out probably only about five or six weeks away from the start now. Very excited about this season.

Yea same. Anyone bold enough to predict the winner's of the 50 over and FC competitions?

Users who are viewing this thread