New Zealand Domestic Season

I dont think Mascarenhas is coming back.
Yasir Arafat is going to be replacing him.

Hey it's started, awesome!

Oh wait no warm up match!

Noster seemed economical, something for the future perhaps?

Sam Noster isn't a bowler :p He's a pretty good batsmen though, strange that Canterbury batted him at 12.

Northern Districts team was named for Tuesday's game against Otago:

James Marshall (c), Brad Wilson, Anton Devcich, Michael Parlane, Kane Williamson, Daniel Flynn, Joe Yovich, Peter McGlashan, Graeme Aldridge, Bradley Scott, Brent Arnel, Trent Boult.

Scott will probably miss out.

Volts squad to play Northern Knights at the University Oval November 10-13

Craig Cumming (Captain)
Nick Beard
Darren Broom
Anthony Bullick
Derek de Boorder
Shaun Haig
Matthew Harvie
Warren McSkimming
Leighton Morgan
Hamish Rutherford
Greg Todd
Neil Wagner
Sam Wells

Looks empty with all the Blackcaps missing going to pick ND to win away from home first up.

ND defiantly looks the strongest off the two side.
They have three current/previous BC's as well as a few fringe players, compared with Otago who just have one previous BC.
It will be interesting to see how Wagner goes this season, after a great first season with Otago. Wonder weather he will be able to back it up.
Wouldn't really be surprised if it was a draw, due to it being played in Dunedin.

ND haven't won the first game of the season for eight years now, this is probably their best chance in awhile.

Ravi Bopara :laugh What a waste, hopefully they're not paying him much.

Yeah. What a waste. Who'd want a player who's scored Test hundreds, averaged over 50 in FC cricket in his last 3 seasons, performed more than decently in the IPL, has a List A double hundred, offers some handy medium pace bowling and is good in the field?

I seriously don't get why you criticise Ravi so much. Sure he flopped against Australia, but he proved against the West Indies that he's got some serious talent. He's got a few technical problems that are exposed against top class bowling, but they won't get exposed anywhere near as much in domestic cricket, hence his tremendous record in County Cricket. It's a smart signing for Auckland. He's not away with England and I'm sure he'll be keen to get back into International cricket asap by proving to everyone he's no mug with consistent results in NZ and then in the 1st Division of the County Championship next season. I'm expecting him to be one of the best performing players in NZ. If Napier can go to NZ and impress then I'm sure Ravi'll score some big runs and get some useful wickets.

Yeah. What a waste. Who'd want a player who's scored Test hundreds, averaged over 50 in FC cricket in his last 3 seasons, performed more than decently in the IPL, has a List A double hundred, offers some handy medium pace bowling and is good in the field?

I seriously don't get why you criticise Ravi so much. Sure he flopped against Australia, but he proved against the West Indies that he's got some serious talent. He's got a few technical problems that are exposed against top class bowling, but they won't get exposed anywhere near as much in domestic cricket, hence his tremendous record in County Cricket. It's a smart signing for Auckland. He's not away with England and I'm sure he'll be keen to get back into International cricket asap by proving to everyone he's no mug with consistent results in NZ and then in the 1st Division of the County Championship next season. I'm expecting him to be one of the best performing players in NZ. If Napier can go to NZ and impress then I'm sure Ravi'll score some big runs and get some useful wickets.

If you noticed I made that comment before we knew he was playing the whole season for Auckland ;) As a 20/20 signing I didn't think much of it, but he's a very good player to have play all three forms of the game, a big upgrade over Steven Croft anyway.

As for scoring big runs, Auckland are no longer playing at Eden II (which was an absolute road). Colin Maiden Park should hopefully be more bowler friendly, but I wouldn't expect it to be much more different.

Brent Arnel picks up the first wicket of the season, Otago are currently 8/1. In the other games Auckland are batting first against CD and Wellington are batting first against Canterbury,

Trent Boult isn't playing, what the heck. Bradley Scott was selected instead :facepalm

Trent Boult isn't playing, what the heck. Bradley Scott was selected instead :facepalm

Face palm worthy ideed.

I hope Brodie can kick the season off with a decent score, he's a contender for opening at the international level if h can get a couple of good seasons under his belt first.

Oh BTW Howsie, you seem to have a good New Zealand cricketing knowledge, who is this Bullick fellow? Any good?

I think Anton Devich needs to prove himself this season as he could potentially be the next Bruce Martin.

Last edited:
I know you can get the scorecards of the games on the BC's site,
But just out of interest why does cricinfo follow every other domestic comp. except NZ?

Face palm worthy ideed.

I hope Brodie can kick the season off with a decent score, he's a contender for opening at the international level if h can get a couple of good seasons under his belt first.

Oh BTW Howsie, you seem to have a good New Zealand cricketing knowledge, who is this Bullick fellow? Any good?

I don't know much about him tbh, he's done pretty well for Otago A in the past though. He had a pretty decent A tournament last year from memory.

Users who are viewing this thread