New Zealand Domestic Season

It's great to see AP & Brodie doing well today, I think Arnel just booked a place in the test team after that bowling performance.

CD have done alright so far, with the exception of Kuru & Mason, they should still be in a good enough posistion though, if they can keep them under 400 tomorrow.

Last edited:
Glad Martin is back down here in Canterbury. Should be an amazing New Ball partnership once Bond's back too for the next game.

Martin is an auto selection for the tests IMO. I know some of you guys don't like him. He can't bat and his fielding is average at times, but when he has the ball in his hands he runs in all day and tries. Early on he consistently gets movement into the right handers/away from the lefties. He's first paceman picked IMO even before O'Brien. O'Brien currently would be my second seamer and probably Tuffey. If I were to pick a 4th it'd be Arnel on form (We're presuming Bond's not being selected of course, he needs a few 4 dayers under his belt first)

Arnel certainly put his hand up. He got selected a short while back for something, may have been T20's. Would like to see him get a go in the tests. I hope he has a bit of pace and movement though. If he's another one of these 130km wicket to wicket bowlers i'm not so keen.

otago 88 all out very dissapointing:facepalm. oh well i dont expect much from the boys in the 4 day comp

By the way Vettori has shifted himself up to the no.6 in the ODI's, it seems like he's going to do the same for the tests also. So I think we could see all 3 make the side for the first test with the other spot going to either Tuffey/Patel/McCullum.

Last edited:
Arnel certainly put his hand up. He got selected a short while back for something, may have been T20's. Would like to see him get a go in the tests. I hope he has a bit of pace and movement though. If he's another one of these 130km wicket to wicket bowlers i'm not so keen.

He was selected for the test team when India were touring but he had to pull out because of injury. He's not that pacey, he'd be around the 133-138K mark. But he moves the ball of the seam very well.

Good to wake up to see Otago out for 88. Also good to see that Jo Yo's set for a decent score as well as Arnel being up for a 10 wicket haul

Last edited:
100's on for Jo Yo today, but Aldridge will have to stay in there.

Raining in the capital...

I'm going Tuffey for a 50, and a five wicket bag, as well as a de Boorder century.

Wellington/Canterbury game is back on, and I hope de Boorder gets his century, as does Yovich:)

Andrew de Boorder, that's what I'm talking about!!!
Came to the wicket at 185 for 5, now Aces are 368 for 6... :banana2

Scored his maiden century :) He went to my school haha

Congrats to Andrew de Boorder on his maiden first-class 100. He scored a bucket load of runs for the NZ under 19 team a few years back so he must have quite a lot of promise.

Yovich is close to scoring another century for ND, but he'll need the tails help by the looks of things.

Haha, Tuffey scored a 50 and Aldridge also scored one.
Yovich needs to find another partner is he wants to get his 100...

Yovich scores his 3rd first-class 100, Northern Districts are right on top now.

Users who are viewing this thread