New Zealand Domestic Season

It would have to be one of the best performances in NZ FC history wouldn't it?

Nice Southee. Real chance at a 10er here. Can't see it not happening. 8 in an innings for a seamer is an amazing performance.

^ Ummmm Sir Richard Hadlee probably on a few occasions and for NZ. A few spinners too i'd say, but yeah will be up there with some great names.

305 run partnership so far between haig and broom.:p

Broom should play test cricket ahead of ODI cricket I think.

His natural game is a lot more defensive.

Broom should play test cricket ahead of ODI cricket I think.

His natural game is a lot more defensive.

Agreed.

He clearly wasn't able to play his natural game from the 6-7 spot in limited overs cricket, he needed to be up at no.3 or 4 so he could have more time to get himself in.

I hope that the poor performances in the limited overs games, dont cost him too much in the long run, because he's clearly a far superior first class batsman than what he will ever be in limited overs arena.

All this is about broom true, that innings against india in a warm up showed he can bat aggressively but if he is generaly more defensive so there was no point in him batting at 6 or 7. Hopefully he gets a chance one day at 3 or 4 in ODI or even achance in the test team.

I think he will have very limited chances (if any) to bat up the order in an ODI with the likes of Guptill, Ryder, Taylor and probably Elliott for atleast a few years our middle order won't change to much.

I think he will have very limited chances (if any) to bat up the order in an ODI with the likes of Guptill, Ryder, Taylor and probably Elliott for atleast a few years our middle order won't change to much.
yes i just think hes better off not in the team at all.

Dissapointed in Greg Todd, out for a duck after coming out and saying he needed to step up as a senior player with a good record.
Good opportunity for Broom to get 200 tho

Broom currently 177*, 200 on the cards? ND are in abit of trouble at the moment, 37/3 right now.

191* nervous times:p

-D-S-B- added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I just realised McGlashan took 5 more catches, probly gonna break the record for catches in 2 matches:p

Users who are viewing this thread