New Zealand Domestic Season

Unlucky Smelly, can't believe Southee took 8 wickets in the first innings but couldn't even get a 10fer.

Its Otagos game to win or draw, depending on the lead that Central make

Goes with the theory that Southee doesn't back up well second innings.

Craig Cumming or Tim McIntosh.... who is a better one-day player among the two?

And who is the BEST upcoming yet considerably unknown young batsman in One-Dayers?

Last edited:
Cumming probably better in One Day cricket. He won't make the one day side though.

Best unknown upcoming batsman? Howsie would probably say say Kane Williamson haha. I rate him as a better test batter but maybe in the future. BJ Watling made the squad for our last series, we didn't see much of him. He's young and can do a bit of backup wicket keeping if McCullum has any issues. Corey Anderson was an under19 star, he's just learning at the list A level now. In 2 or 3 years he might be in the side as an all-rounder. Maybe the next Cairns/Oram.

Yeah I'd say Williamson :p

ND are currently 95/1, less then 200 needed now so we should win our third game in a row.

Anyone else think that Nevin's career is probably over now? Wellington needs to look to the future, and with Austin-Smellie making 90 odd, reckon he should get a good go.

Anyone else think that Nevin's career is probably over now? Wellington needs to look to the future, and with Austin-Smellie making 90 odd, reckon he should get a good go.

Why didn't Nevin play this week, injured?

Probably best to go for the future imo, it depends on the coach though.

Williamson needs to make some runs here, he hasn't really done anything in the first two games.

ND need another 120 runs with just five wickets left, this could get close. We do have a very good tail though and bat down to Southee at 10.

If I had known the NZ game was going to rain I would have headed down to Seddon Park after work instead of going home this is looking close.

Users who are viewing this thread