New Zealand Domestic Season

Hmm. Who, according to you, is one of the best opening batsman in NZ who hasn't played Int's yet, atm?

BJ Watling i'd say. I've not seen a heck of a lot of him but i'd imagine his technique is a lot better than most we've tried recently.

BJ Watling i'd say. I've not seen a heck of a lot of him but i'd imagine his technique is a lot better than most we've tried recently.

Ya. Heard a lot of that chap. Talking about wicket-keeper batsmen, how do you rate Derek de Boorder? Heard he's pretty good too.

Also, who according to you guys is a good Spinning All-Rounder apart Nathan "Awesome" McCullum? :)

How has Neil Wagner been doing this season? Was impressed by him in CLT20.

Hmm. Who, according to you, is one of the best opening batsman in NZ who hasn't played Int's yet, atm?

What irottev said, BJ Watling and probably by a long way. He'll open in a test match for New Zealand before the summer is over, no doubt about that. Another young opener who might do quite well is Josh Brodie, he's had a very good start to his second first-class season.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Ya. Heard a lot of that chap. Talking about wicket-keeper batsmen, how do you rate Derek de Boorder? Heard he's pretty good too.

He's alright, nothing special at this stage of his career. His keeping use to be fairly average but apparently he's worked pretty hard on fixing a few flaws. Pretty decent batsmen though.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Also, who according to you guys is a good Spinning All-Rounder apart Nathan "Awesome" McCullum? :)

Well I wouldn't call him good but Luke Woodcock is decent, he's never really been dominate though. Jono Boult would be a decent shout also, he play's for Northern Districts and he's had a pretty good start to his career.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

How has Neil Wagner been doing this season? Was impressed by him in CLT20.

He's picked up an injury so he just missed the last round of the first-class comp. He hasn't had the best start to the season though.

Who are the players to look out for then?

I know of Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, Kane Williamson, Brent Arnel (although he's a little on the older side) and Kruger Van Wyk (one of the unluckiest players).

Who else?

Brodie and Merchant from Wellington are two to look out for both have had good starts to the season.

Corey Anderson from Canterbury. Probably will be a Blackcap at some stage in his career.

Anderson is pretty much a given to become a Blackcap one day, he has so much natural ablity that it would almost be impossible for him not to become one.

Jeet Raval from Auckland and Nick Beard from Otago are probably another couple of players to look out for.

Yes i will be keeping a close eye on Neil Wagner, he bowled brilliantly last season but he hasnt been as good so far this season. Ive also noticed that his batting has improved a lot and his hitting will be very usefull in OD and T20. He has said that when he is eligable (a couple of years or something) he would love to become a blackcap.

Anderson is pretty much a given to become a Blackcap one day, he has so much natural ablity that it would almost be impossible for him not to become one.

His Averages on cricinfo seem quite the opposite to what you've said. Its an average Average :p. Have they missed a thing or two?

Users who are viewing this thread