New Zealand Domestic Season

His Averages on cricinfo seem quite the opposite to what you've said. Its an average Average :p. Have they missed a thing or two?

He's only 18 and he made his debut more then two years ago, so of course his record isn't going to look that flash. He played for the New Zealand emerging team over in Australia last year against Australia, South Africa and India and racked up a few runs. I think it was three or four 50's from memory. He's an all-rounder though, but he's hardly bowled for Canterbury since making his debut. He was clocked as a 16 year old bowling at 138K but he's had a few injuries that have prevented him from bowling since then.

Good signs this season though as he's bowling a few overs and picking up a few wickets, now he just needs to score runs.

Anderson and Williamson are the best two youngsters I have heard of.
IMO they will probably be the two main all-round stars of our team in the future.

It's nice to see that Michael Pollard might get a shot to play for the firebirds, apparently he's like "Martin Guptill on Crack", so he might be one too watch out for if he plays tomorrow.

Last edited:
It's nice to see that Michael Pollard might get a shot to play for the firebirds, apparently he's like "Martin Guptill on Crack", so he might be one too watch out for if he plays tomorrow.

Yeah I've heard quite abit about him. He was the top run scorer at last years national under 19 tournament and went on to play for the New Zealand under 19 team, he sounds promising though. Apparently he likes to get after the bowling pretty early on.

Neil Wagner picked up Matthew Bell first ball and seems to have bowled pretty well in his first four overs, Pollard doesn't seem to be playing though.

And Tim Southee is batting at eight for ND apparently.

I just saw Southee still at the Basin lol. Hope for his sake ND can bat until he gets there.

He was chatting away to Vettori and pointing at the pitch, perhaps he's playing maybe?

That's what I thought when I saw him. But if he's down as playing for ND then surely he's not. They would have decided on the team by now.

ND will of course be able to replace him if he's not playing, but still. The team should be decided on.

Wagner haspicked up the first 2 wickets, hopefully hes back to full fitness and back on form.

Josh Brodie in the runs again, 43* at the moment.

Josh Brodie in the runs again, 43* at the moment.
Its about time he got a chance with the Blackcaps. He cant be worse than McIntosh
(actually he seems a lot better)

-D-S-B- added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Its about time he got a chance with the Blackcaps. He cant be worse than McIntosh
Actually, he probably hasnt had enough Domestic cricket yet, but he will surely be a BC one day

-D-S-B- added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Actually, he probably hasnt had enough Domestic cricket yet, but he will surely be a BC one day

Did you just quote urself?

He'd probably be behind Watling at this stage, but he does indeed look like a future BC.

Did you just quote urself?
Yes I obviosly did. I had a change of mind. I read Josh Brodies stats on cricinfo and realised he has only played 12 first class matches

Users who are viewing this thread