New Zealand Domestic Season

Northern are going well chasing Auckland's total, and Central have posted quite a good score...

He's going well. Should get Otago through here. Good games just finishing now. Close ones. Canterbury chasing 301 are still in the hunt.

Not any more they're not, all out for 286. Papps with 150.

The Brooms see Otago home, well batted Neil 61 off 57 he can do it all;)
Darren backed him up well with 20 off about 12
:eek:Holy crap Michael Papps, 150, The man

He should be opening instead of McIntosh. Even if they put Guptill at 3.

It still amazes me how Michael Papps has played so little international cricket.

Definately, I have always thought Guptill should be at 3, hopefully Watling opens and Guptill bats 3, not sure if it will happen with Flynn still there, Watling will likely bat 5 IMO :facepalm

It still amazes me how Michael Papps has played so little international cricket.

He got hit on the head of course by one of the fastest bowlers ever to play the game and he gets instantly discarded. They did the same with Cumming of course. Papps was even hit in an ODI. He averages over 40 in 6 ODIs with 2 fifties opening. Don't know why he didn't get given more chances. His second last innings was 92* which got him MOTM and won us the game. Not that we particularly need him now in ODIs.

His test record, yeah not pretty. 2 fifties though. All but 2 innings were against South Africa. Probably deserved to play some other teams

:facepalmOtago letting a great spot slip
75 partnerahip for last wicket:facepalm

Last edited:
Time to step up with the bat again Neil Wagner. Otago batsmen have just collapsed and Wagners the man for the job.

I must say, Wagner has been unimpressive with the ball so far. I don't think he's International standard yet.

McSkimming with 5-17 :O But he's another one of these old guys bowling 130k.

This Rhodes scored another 53. He's young and an Aussie. Dunno if he's NZ eligible or what (early days anyway) but he's started pretty damn well. Aussies are good at batting :) There's some good talent entered the domestic scene this year and these players are instantly being quite successful. It's good to see. We need the Williamsons etc to step up though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread