New Zealand Domestic Season

Flynn has lost the plot completely can't even buy a run now.

Yay, we finally got a win...
Mainly thanks to our Pom Bopara.

Wellington got completely rolled, 140 runs...
Disappointing not to see Macca amongst the runs, and wtf was Harris doing batting all the way down at nine.

Corey Anderson 52* of 29 balls, the next Chris Cairns I tell ya.
Well I hope so;)
Hes been impressive so far with the ball and bat.

Neil Brooms form continues with 58 but really dissapointing that him, his bro and Cumming all lost their wickets when we were in a good position to cruise home. Arafat batted well down the order but it was too little too late. Well played by ND though, Boult and Southee bowled well at the death and Watling was in the runs again, which is great.

I completely missed that Arafat was playing... :facepalm
He got hammered with the ball, but preformed well with the bat.

Broom's form is exceptional. He's been dropped, has gone back and proven he deserves a spot. He should get a go at tests at least. ODIs/T20 maybe, especially if Ryder is injured.

It's good to see Anderson in good form. He bowled ok as well. But the last handful of games there's been a few bags and a few fifties so he's contributing all the time. Good signs.

Anyone know what happened to Diamanti out of curiosity? He didn't bat so I presume it must be something serious. He'd just come back from injury.

Jamie How said that swing was nothing suspicious and a part of the game or something. I agree with Paul Strang. It might be sour grapes

Sounds like Reeve's just being a bitch and can't take losing. If he had an issue he should have taken it up with officials, not made an arse out of himself by announcing it in the press. The umpire has said that there was nothing suspicious, and there was no talk about interference with the ball, so hopefully Reeve'll be the one punished. Seemingly no evidence to prove Reeve's claim other than his word, and all he saw was Ravi 'picking at the seam', which could have been for any reason, some grass could have got into the seam or something. Pretty big claims to be making about a player to come out in the press and call him a cheat.

As for Bopara, just checked his stats on CA, and they're not as impressive as I'd hoped. Not scored a hundred, and only has 2 50's in 9 innings, not particularly good. Has performed well in OD games though, averaging over 60 with a hundred and a 50 in 3 innings. Just have to hope he finds some FC form, be nice to have him in good knick by the time the Championship season starts. Hoping to see Rav making some serious runs next season and getting back up the pecking order.

Yeah Bopara has been disapointing.

As for Reeve I don't like him much. Some people were talking him up as a candidate for Black Caps coach. I certainly hope not. We don't want another Pom TBH

BTW irottev, stop calling people cheaters, it's beyond annoying.

STFU cheater

Been completely out of touch with the cricketing world since September *sig kind of explains* What's happening in NZ Domestic Cricket? ND still doing well I hope.

Yeah Bopara has been disapointing.

Not surprising really. Must have been a real dent to his confidence being found out so comprehensively by the Aussies. You seen him bat at all? He looked remotely decent at the crease in any of his innings? I'm hoping that he's slowly finding his touch and gets to England with a few runs behind him, be very disappointing for Essex if he comes back still lacking in confidence and runs.

As usual they're top of the table in 4 day, 2nd in One Day (to Canterbury! who are also second in 4day) So those2 teams the best thus far.

Lou Vincent is playing for Auckland today (he's in the squad) starting in an hour and a bit

Ummm Ball tampering

Chris Harris still playing and getting wickets with his dibby dobblies - loved this article mentioning them on cricinfo. Gone with the 2000s | Decade Review 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Not surprising really. Must have been a real dent to his confidence being found out so comprehensively by the Aussies. You seen him bat at all? He looked remotely decent at the crease in any of his innings? I'm hoping that he's slowly finding his touch and gets to England with a few runs behind him, be very disappointing for Essex if he comes back still lacking in confidence and runs.

Nah, haven't seen him. I'm going to go watch the next Canterbury OD game - weather permitting which he should be playing in for Auckland. There's more 4 day stuff coming up (which I presume is what he's really looking to to get a test spot) Not sure if he's still in the picture for ODI/T20s but he's started well as you said and T20 might be his best form which starts January.

The majority of the T20 series is televised. I will consider uploading the highlights of some of the games but no promises.

Last edited:
Been completely out of touch with the cricketing world since September *sig kind of explains* What's happening in NZ Domestic Cricket? ND still doing well I hope.

Hey, your back... :)
Like you, I followed the beginning, stopped following for a while, and now am just starting to get back into it as the one-day stuff gets under away.

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

As usual they're top of the table in 4 day, 2nd in One Day (to Canterbury! who are also second in 4day) So those2 teams the best thus far.

Lou Vincent is playing for Auckland today (he's in the squad) starting in an hour and a bit

Ummm Ball tampering

Chris Harris still playing and getting wickets with his dibby dobblies - loved this article mentioning them on cricinfo. Gone with the 2000s | Decade Review 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Also Macca's back. :D

Nah, haven't seen him. I'm going to go watch the next Canterbury OD game - weather permitting which he should be playing in for Auckland. There's more 4 day stuff coming up (which I presume is what he's really looking to to get a test spot) Not sure if he's still in the picture for ODI/T20s but he's started well as you said and T20 might be his best form which starts January.

The majority of the T20 series is televised. I will consider uploading the highlights of some of the games but no promises.

Fair enough, let us know how he plays in that OD. He'll go and get a 1st baller now :p
Yeah, I'd imagine he's trying to get some good 4 day form in to get back into Test reckoning, although his OD form has been very good in England in recent seasons, so I'd think he'd be hoping to get back into all forms of the game for England. I'm still convinced, having seen quite a few of innings of his domestically for England that he's got what it takes to have a good International career. Some of his OD hundreds for Essex have been brilliant, just wish he could convert that form for Essex into Tests and ODi's.

That'd be awesome if you could mate, be nice to see some Domestic cricket from NZ. I've only seen highlights from 1 Domestic game from NZ, and that was some final in 2007 where McCullum smashed 170 iirc, was an incredible knock. Pretty small ground, but incredible hitting. Be nice to see Ravi playing something similar, although given his recent form it's looking doubtful.

Users who are viewing this thread