New Zealand Domestic Season

The Black Caps selectors will keep ignoring them and dropping them after 2 games though.

Shannon Stewart is a must for the New Zealand one day and 20/20 teams IMO. He's put up fantastic numbers for Canterbury for a good 2/3 years now. The best six hitter after Ross Taylor IMO.

Providing he does well in the domestic T20 he should play the Bangladesh T20s for sure.

Good to see Neil Broom racking up another score here, would love to see him make it a big one, especially since he's batting at three.

Well if McCullum could go back down the order he could be a number 3 for us, otherwise there's no room with McCullum, Ryder, Guptill, Taylor. I'd keep McCullum to open in T20s, just not ODIs.

Personally, I'd go with:

1.Jesse Ryder
2.Martin Guptill
3.Neil Broom
4.Grant Elliott
5.Ross Taylor (I'd love to see him one place lower, far better finisher IMO)
6.Shannon Stewart
7.Brendon McCullum

Destructive. Of course McCullum wouldn't like it but he can GGF tbh, this is what's best for New Zealand at the moment.

McCullum booked his place as an opener for at least another year with that 100 he did back it up in the next game with a 70 though. He just needs to stay consistant and I have no problems with him opening.

Broom is playing a Guptill innings here. Canterbury need him out or maybe like the last game we'll lose to pretty much 1 great innings of batting despite our good collective effort.

Taylor's arguably our best ODI batsman though. Dropping him places isn't a great idea IMO. He's a number 4! Then Broom would have to bat maybe at 5, but Elliot has done a good job there. That's the predicament. We need a lower order batter to be at 6 and Stewart might just be the man since he can strike a ball so well and pretty much bats late in the innings 5/6 for Canterbury all the time anyway.

Last edited:
They still need 207 more though.........

Btw, why isn't Brendon McCullum playing today?

No idea. Must be on a break like Vettori. Fair enough I guess. Keeping wickets is demanding.

irottev added 11 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

If Otago win Broom will most likely have 200. He's got a chance.

Haha that's what I was just thinking. Doubt they'll win however but would love for Broom to make 200.

Wtf, 410!!!
Arafat got flipping murdered, 6 overs for 74, and Butler was operating at over 10 as well!!!

Maybe a 200 on the cards for Neil Broom???

As soon as people start thinking 200 is on the cards, that happens.

Broom gone. Ellis gets him. That SHOULD be game but Butler and Wagner can smash it. Canterbury would have to bowl really badly you feel though.

edit: They sent in Arafat so he can fail with the bat as well as the ball.

Neil Broom this summer:

First-Class
556 runs at 94.33 with 3 100's and a highest score of 196

One Day
324 runs at 64.8 with 1 100 and two 50's with a highest score of 164

So that's a combined 860 runs this summer so far, impressive too say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread