New Zealand Domestic Season

Thanks for the recap mate, that was a good read. Interesting that you say Sherlock wasn't fast as he was a tearaway in his younger days, shame he couldn't get over his injury problems.

Would have loved to have seen Guptill's innings, hope he's alright though. Sad news about Anderson though, was looking forward to watching him dominate the under 19 world cup tbh.

What was the crowd like? Many people there?

I'm bad at estimating numbers but there were more than I expected for a domestic game.

Sherlock wasn't slow, he just wasn't as fast as Martin and Bennett. Him and Burson were probably around the 135k area. Martin and Bennet 140k

edit: As for the result Canterbury probably rue the collapse they had at the end of the innings. Once McMillan got out the wickets just kept tumbling. Van Wyk and Myburgh ended up at the same end for an easy run-out, Harris edged one and Canterbury probably ended up being 20 runs short. Not sure it would have mattered much anyway. The bowlers didn't seem to try yorkers or bouncers enough and never really had pressure on Auckland after Jones got out.

Last edited:
Any news on the end of the Wellington/ND game I decided to leave after they went off for rain and I see the scorecard on the blackcaps site isn't working for this game.

Wellington had it in the bag anyway, ND were fairly poor for most of it their batting was very negative.

I must admit though it was funny seeing Southee go out to one of the worst balls ever bowled a slow long hop from Hitchcock hit straight to the fielder.

Any chance of a recap Ari? :D Anyone impress you, how'd Williamson and Boult look if you saw them?

Any chance of a recap Ari? :D Anyone impress you, how'd Williamson and Boult look if you saw them?

You didn't go? The weather was good up until the end.

Boult didn't play for whatever reason, Williamson got 70 started slow but was just about the only ND batsman who looked any good today. Franklin bowled a very good spell to start with was somthing like 5-1-16-1 he didn't bowl again after that but he looked quick, as quick as Southee and Mckay who were the other faster bowlers there today. ND just lost the plot completly with their batting nothing positive at all about it some stupid run outs as well.

For Wellingtons innings Rhodes and Pollard came out to open and just went for it was great to watch I think they had 62 runs up after 10 overs. We then lost some quick wickets and it was time for Franklin and Bell to rebuild and they did that well Franklin hit two massive sixes one pull off Yovich and one straight down the ground off Williamson. The only ND bowler that really looked in control was Martin other than that they looked fairly average.

Good to hear Williamson in the runs again. Also that Franklin bowled. Very good news there. Hope he got through it alright. 5 overs was probably just him easing back into it.

Cheers for that, good to see Williamson continue that form. I'm guessing he batted at three again?

Nah I didn't go, it was drizzling (SP) all day at home (I'm not flatting in Hamilton during the summer) and I didn't know if we'd get a full days play in (They weren't showing the score live on BC.com either).

What did you think of Arnel? He'd be around the 135K mark wouldn't he?

Yea he was at 3 but you might as well have opened with him because they decided to use Flynn as an opener today and well you can guess how that went Williamson was out there in the 3rd over I think.

Arnel was ok pace wise probably just below the other 3 mentioned above he picked up a couple of wickets if I recall but they were due to Wellington players getting a bit carried away with the good start they had made Rhodes was slog happy today.

Flynn opened :facepalm He hasn't even scored runs at domestic level this year and they decide to let him open :(

Good to hear Franklin was bowling with some pace, would love for him to get back around that 135 mark.

Martin Guptill!!! :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise
That innings keeps us at the top of the OD table.
Good to see Styris getting into some form as well.

Yasir Arafat is looking like a dud buy for the Volts, he's done nothing since getting here and now he's gone for 55 runs of only four overs, pathetic.

Told you he was a dud buy before the season. He's not good enough to play in our domestic cricket let alone international. What were Otago thinking?

This is going to be a record score if it keeps up. 376 I think is the current highest score ever. Looks set to be beaten.

36 needed off 18 for the big 400!

Last edited:
Shannan Stewart just hit 5 sixes in a row.

WOW!!!

Unbelivable. 400 certain.

51 off 19 for Stewart!!!!

Last edited:
Slaughtered.

Really good stuff from Canterbury just what they need going into the HRV cup I reckon they have the most underated batting lineup in the country right now maybe even the best.

Users who are viewing this thread