New Zealand Domestic Season

Wow Guptill didn't make the cut for the IPL auction from NZ we have Bond, Elliott, N.McCullum and Vincent in there.

That's strange. Guptill seems a better choice than Vincent and probably the other 2 even if they're different types of players.

Yeah I had to have a laugh when I saw that. I mean look at some of the names that got through:

Darren Ganga
Graham Manou
Murray Goodwin
Ryan ten Doeschate

There are a host of average players on that list. Oh well not that I really care tbh, just means one less guy playing muck about cricket.

Dont understand how Ganga got in ahead of half his T&T that played in the Champs League.

Well he was unfortunate to be put in as a opener. He is a middle order batsman and he would have probably done better then allot of the other middle order batsman that were picked ahead of him for the West Indies team.

Very surprised that Guptill didn't make it.
He was one of the top one-day batsman last year.

Lol, Rizwan Cheema - Canada??? wtf...
There are a hell of a lot of players who can't even make their national side.
TBH I have no idea what some of those South African's and Aussies are doing there.

TBF though only 15-20 of these guys have a chance of being picked up, the rest are just making up the numbers.

Just saw Ryder on the news. He made 14 today batting with a runner, he said he could've ran himself but NZC preferred a runner. He said his goal is to be fit for Bangladesh, but he didn't sound too confident.

Big game for Auckland if they lose tonight they are probably just about out of it.

Wellington once again unchanged but it would be very tempting to drop Patel at this point.

It's kind of a shame tonight's game is televised because it means I can't be bothered going to watch it live haha. Nah it's good Sky is showing more games. Especially some down here for you Northies.

And on Gillespie's comeback:

stuff.co.nz said:
Fast bowler Mark Gillespie, playing his first representative game in a year, took 0-54 from his 10 overs.

Good effort! Not

Last edited:
Whats the weather like in chch, please don't say raining!

Big game for Auckland if they lose tonight they are probably just about out of it.

Wellington once again unchanged but it would be very tempting to drop Patel at this point.

Yeah, we really need to win today.

Wellington aren't the strongest team around, so it'll be a good chance for us to open up our account. :)

Users who are viewing this thread