New Zealand Domestic Season

He's in negotiations with Canterbury too. I hope we get him :p

Oh and Myburgh's a big disappointment. He woulda walked into the Black Caps. Only had 1 year left. :(

Heard you guys are going after Tait also. :D

Rumor going around the traps at the moment is that James Fuller a highly promising bowler from Otago has singed a three year deal with Gloucestershire and will look to play for England in the future. Shame really, rated him as one of the best young bowlers we had. The best prospect from the 08-09 NZ under 19 team imo.

Surely he'd have a better chance of playing for NZ in the future, compared with England, considering there's three or four times as many domestic players over there.
He must of got tweaked around by Otago, or something.

Surely he'd have a better chance of playing for NZ in the future, compared with England, considering there's three or four times as many domestic players over there.
He must of got flinged around by Otago, or something.

Yeah he was, couldn't even pick up a contract this season. As long as he develops he'll play for England at some point in his career, he's quick and can hit the ball a long way. He's been compared to Chris Cairns in the past.

There's more money in England I suppose, or at least more opportunity of getting some money

It's a shame no other provinces were interested in him then.
It's also really bad when we lose promising players, because it's so much harder for us to find them, compared with Ind, Eng, and Aus etc.

It's a shame no other provinces were interested in him then.
It's also really bad when we lose promising players, because it's so much harder for us to find them, compared with Ind, Eng, and Aus etc.

Perhaps they were, but when he's offered a county contract for 30,000 pounds plus I doubt he'd turn it down for $12-15,000.

FORMER New Zealand Under-19 star James Fuller has signed for Gloucestershire on a three-year contract.

FORMER New Zealand Under-19 star James Fuller has signed for Gloucestershire on a three-year contract.

The 20-year-old quick bowler, who is eligible to sign for Gloucestershire as he holds an English passport, will join up with the county from the start of the 2011 season.

Regarded as one of the best young pace bowling prospects in his country, Gloucestershire director of cricket John Bracewell was delighted to have secured Fuller's services. Bracewell said: "It is great news to have signed James as he has enormous potential as a pace bowler and ball striker.

"He is a genuine athlete who has chosen cricket as his profession and Gloucestershire will reap the benefit."

I wonder if he'll play any FC cricket this summer?

No wonder quite a few New Zealanders go to Gloucestershire, because John Bracewell is their director of cricket.

We should be handing out about 15 contracts per team rather than 12. If players at least have their future secured they might hang around here rather than going overseas. Shame about Fuller :(

I've been thinking the same thing, 15 seems like a much better number.
I guess though their thinking must be they still have about 15 players contracted, because of their NZ contracted players.

I think it's more about the amount that they get paid can't compare to overseas.

For a 20 year old I think their desire would be to play international cricket, ahead of making money.
It's more once you hit 30 that you start thinking about settling down, so go for the big bucks.

New Zealand: New Zealand Cricket agrees to create IPL window for players | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

creation of a participation window for New Zealand cricketers in the IPL and the establishment of a players' retirement fund

Hopefully none of our players will go and ditch us for the IPL now

An increase in the number of players contracted per team by Major Associations from 12 to 15 over the course of the first four years of the agreement
The introduction of a contract elevation system whereby players who do not have contracts at international or domestic level will be able to earn a contract once they've played a certain number of matches at the respective level

Contract retainers and match fees at international level remain the same as the last agreement in Year 1 and then increase by 2.5% per annum thereafter
Contract retainers and match fees at domestic level increase modestly in Year 1 with contract retainers then increasing by 2.5% per annum, and match fees also increase modestly per annum

10/11 Domestic schedules are out.

Wellington are only coming to Hamilton the once for a T20 :( ahwell better than a couple of years ago when they didn't come at all. 21/12/10 will be there for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread