New Zealand Domestic Season

oh wow he's getting around. First he's playing in Australia and now he's coming here. Will be good to have a look at him.

Prolific is definitely stretching it, he's no more then an honest trier at the county level. Good signing nonetheless however.

If I'm not mistaken he was leading the county MVP this season, before he got injured.

I wouldn't really call his stats honest, more like some of the best going around in county cricket.

If I'm not mistaken he was leading the county MVP this season, before he got injured.

I wouldn't really call his stats honest, more like some of the best going around in county cricket.

His stats might indeed be some of the best going around the county circuit but playing associate cricket will help that. His career average with both bat and ball for Essex is nothing special, he's never had a dominating season as such so far in his county career.

His stats might indeed be some of the best going around the county circuit but playing associate cricket will help that. His career average with both bat and ball for Essex is nothing special, he's never had a dominating season as such so far in his county career.

My bad, I never knew Intercontinental Cup matches counted as FC cricket. :o

His average for this season in the shorter stuff is pretty decent.
272 runs @ 45.33 and 10 wickets @ 39.1 in OD
296 runs @ 59.2 (S/R 177) and 3 wickets @ 25 (E/R 6.81) in T20.

Last season:
823 runs @ 45.72 and 22 wickets @ 44.09 in FC
190 runs @ 63.33 and 3 wickets @ 60.00 in OD
119 runs @ 23.8 and 2 wickets @ 13.00 in T20.

His averages are inflated by matches for the Netherlands, but he is still a very handy player.

My bad, I never knew Intercontinental Cup matches counted as FC cricket. :o

It's why I'm not too fond of Ryan Ten Doeschate tbh. The amount of people that rate him because of his first class average bugs me to death. According to some he's one of the best batsmen ever to have never played a test match :facepalm

Believe me, if he was good enough then South Africa would actually select him.

Don't worry, I'm right with you.
Over in the leagues section, in half the leagues he's a god, because of his great stats.
In the NZPL and a few other leagues he hasn't done much. I rate him alright, but there are much better players going around.
Biggy who runs the APL rates him extremely highly, and I've used the "if he was actually any good he would have been selected by SA/ENG argument" with him, when I argue that he rates him way too highly.
I pretty much share your view, it's just that when I originally posted it my wording was probably wrong. :p

Don't worry, I'm right with you.
Over in the leagues section, in half the leagues he's a god, because of his great stats.
In the NZPL and a few other leagues he hasn't done much. I rate him alright, but there are much better players going around.
Biggy who runs the APL rates him extremely highly, and I've used the "if he was actually any good he would have been selected by SA/ENG argument" with him, when I argue that he rates him way too highly.
I pretty much share your view, it's just that when I originally posted it my wording was probably wrong. :p

Wow, I can't view a thread without you or Chewie sayin how much I rate RTD. I like him as a player but I'm only stirring you up.:facepalm

Lol, I know.
It's just no one normally agrees with me, and now I find someone who does. :p

DUnno much about RTD - I hope he turns out to be good. At least he'll be available for Champion's League most likely. Hope we get that prick Tait. After he flipped McCullum off and got booed by the crowd down here it'd be a funny signing.

It's hard to base anyone on their first class stats as the standard and competitions vary so much worldwide. Ten Doeschate has done pretty good in county cricket though. interesting to see how he does over here and in oz

Users who are viewing this thread