New Zealand Domestic Season

Are the teams allowed to play two INT players this season in the HRV cup, or is it still one?

Are the teams allowed to play two INT players this season in the HRV cup, or is it still one?

Its 2 now, interesting to see if Northern will go for Warner and Gibbs to open up, or keep with Vettori and Watling. I would think the first option, Vettori might come in at 3 or at 6.

I don't think all our international players are available at the same time, so there won't be too many opportunities to play 2 of them I think.

I don't think all our international players are available at the same time, so there won't be too many opportunities to play 2 of them I think.

doesn't say that in the article, but yeah most likely. If ND do win then they'll have a good chance in the Champions League where they are allowed 4 overseas players.

So annoying i'll just miss Lee by a game :facepalm wish he could stay a bit longer and play in Auckland.

Guys if i am right , these are the respective side's overseas players for the HRV Cup. Just indicate if i missed out anyone :

Auckland- ??
Otago- Darren Stevens and Chris Nash
Wellington - Luke Wright and Brett Lee
Northern Knights- Gibbs,Warner & Hodge
Central Stags- ??
Canterbury- Ryan ten Doeschate and Shaun Tait(has he really signed ??)

Tait isn't going to Canterbury I don't think because he's injured or something. Auckland have Andre Adams for the whole season, and Jimmy Adams for the T20 competition

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

And Northern have Hamish Marshall for the whole season as an overseas player as well

Auckland have Andre Adams and Jimmy Adams.

Also Lou Vincent has signed on again, just for the T20 campaign.

It makes very little sense to me how we can sign Vincent as a local player, but Andre Adams counts as an overseas player.
I know we had a massive discussion about it a month or two ago...

So our T20 line-up (with BC's) is going to look something like this:

Jimmy Adams
Lou Vincent
Martin Guptill
Andrew de Boorder/Greg Todd
Gareth Hopkins
Anaru Kitchen
Colin de Grandhomme
Andre Adams
Kyle Mills
Daryl Tuffey
Chris Martin

Styris leaves a massive whole in our middle order.
Also please correct me if one of Martin/Tuffey aren't playing for Auckland this season.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

And Northern have Hamish Marshall for the whole season as an overseas player as well

That's understandable, because he just got named in the Irish squad, so we might see him at the WC.

England, Northamptonshire I think.

He might just play T20's now, like Gilly/Warne/Hayden.

New Zealand sixes side:

Scott Styris (c) – Northern Knights
Daryl Tuffey – Auckland Aces
Nathan McCullum – Otago Volts
Carl Frauenstein – Canterbury Wizards
Logan van Beek - Canterbury Wizards
Harry Boam – Wellington Firebirds
Kieran Noema-Barnett – Central Stags

New Zealand Cricket - Styris to captain the New Zealand Sixes team

Filled with all the hardest hitting players in NZ basically.

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Oh and New Zealand Cricket - Yardy and Blackwell sign for Stags

Interesting choice. Two left arm spinners

On what basis are the hong kong sixes squad named ?? Are there any particular rules regarding that ??

Haarithan added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Guys have otago really signed the pair of chris nash and darren stevens . Or was it just a rumor ??

On what basis are the hong kong sixes squad named ?? Are there any particular rules regarding that ??

Haarithan added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Guys have otago really signed the pair of chris nash and darren stevens . Or was it just a rumor ??

Otago have signed Kent allrounder Darren Stevens and Sussex batsman Chris Nash for New Zealand's domestic Twenty20 tournament that starts in December, according to the website tvnz.co.in. The duo were signed after Otago lost the services of Dimitri Mascarenhas to a long-term injury that will keep him out past Christmas.

New Zealand: Otago sign two overseas players from England | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Not sure about the sixes though. I would guess they just choose the best all-rounders who can smack the ball hard and far.

Users who are viewing this thread