New Zealand Domestic Season

Does Colin de Grandhomme play FC much though?

Haig's only a part time keeper though
Yeah that's why I was shocked when I thought they had left De Boorder out, although Haig has kept many times and could do the job. (although I'd prefer he got a job and stayed the hell away from the Otago cricket team:p)

Otago again pretty predictable, although I rather surprised that Darren Broom hasn't picked one up. They've still got one place left so we might see him pick the last one up but I reckon they're going after another bowler. Perhaps James Fuller?
That last contract would more than likely go to Darren Broom but if it went to a bowler I'd expect Fuller or Harvie. It seems like McMillan has lost his battle with injuries? He's certainly lost a lot of pace from it anyway. Fuller's quite a good prospect, I've found him hard to face due to the bounce he gets and he's got great control over the ball.

Greg Todd opening CG?

Nice to see CD attempting to sort out the biggest problem area, Nethula should be an upgrade over what we've had over the past years. Nice to have Van Wyk, though I expect him to be in the national side by the time the world cup comes around. All in all as others have said pretty predictable.

Yeah he's usually been a constant in the side when he's not injured, he's got an insane strike rate in the as well, he's hit a few hundreds at close to a run a ball.

Last edited:
Greg Todd opening CG?

I'm assuming one of Guptill/McIntosh would be opening, as if NZ are playing tests Guptill will probably be able to play for Ack, while if NZ are playing ODIs/T20Is, McIntosh will probably be able to play for Ack.

That was just a random side, in which I tried to include all the players, and I couldn't really find anywhere else for him to play. IIRC he has done a bit of opening as well.

Last season he played on and off, but I'm sure this season he will probably play in most games, as we lack a genuine AR.
Last season he averaged 68 with the bat in four matches at a S/R of 114, and took five wickets with the ball at an average of 41 and an E/R of 2.7.

Wow that is pretty annoying for Auckland and potentially for New Zealand :(

Saw something in the paper this morning about the overseas players for the T20, it mentioned the ND were looking at 4 overseas players paid on a pro rata basis. It mentioned Pollard and Symonds, and possibly Warner...

i'm not sure why ND would want 4 overseas players when they can only play one in a game. I'm pretty sure Pollard would'nt want to play here, when he'll probably be playing for some australian side instead.

I thought they changed it to two a game? And it's because they can't stay the whole time, which is why they're gonna be paid on a pro rata basis

'class' :sarcasm :p

Yea I dunno, it wouldn't be too much per game though. And we did win two of the competition last season so maybe we get more money or something?

Users who are viewing this thread