New Zealand Domestic Season

Well I put it in the Random thoughts :p

He's a legend, absolute legend. Cricket would be boring without him

He's also a complete and utter moron squandering the god given talent he's been given. It's got to the point where someone has to ask him does he actually care anymore, does he want to be a international sportsmen, because right now it doesn't look as though he does.

I thought he was on his final chance, I thought they told him that the last time he got into trouble over in India? Sooner or later his final chance will run out and it will be bad for him and the future of NZ cricket.

I thought he was on his final chance, I thought they told him that the last time he got into trouble over in India? Sooner or later his final chance will run out and it will be bad for him and the future of NZ cricket.

Won't be that bad for him, he'll just go and play in the IPL and make loads of money

Well I put it in the Random thoughts :p

He's a legend, absolute legend. Cricket would be boring without him

Agreed, good to have someone whose not so utterly boring like Vettori or an up himself little prick like Brendon McCullum.

But it's also not good to have someone continuously getting into drunken messes time and time again. It's good for a laugh and a bit of entertainment but it's not a good look for New Zealand Cricket and it wont be good for their future if they're forced to ban him. He's a legend but he's got to stop before he's forced to stop.

At first I thought this was just being blown out of proportion because all I saw was he had been a bit "Rowdy", but it seems it's being taken quite seriously so yeah, idiotic stuff.

Agreed, good to have someone whose not so utterly boring like Vettori or an up himself little prick like Brendon McCullum.
Haha leave Luca alone! :p

New Zealand announces first round of domestic contracts

New Zealand's six major domestic associations have announced the names of players offered first-round contracts for the 2010-11 season.

The contracting process involves two rounds for the first time. Each association can offer 9-11 contracts at their discretion in the first round, and the remaining contracts in the second round on August 24 to complete their contingent of 12 players.

The contracts commence on October 1 but will come into effect only after ongoing negotiations between the parties are completed.

List of contracted players:

Auckland Aces:
Michael Bates, Andrew De Boorder, Colin De Grandhomme, Roneel Hira, Anaru Kitchen, Johann Myburgh, Jimmy Neesham, Jeet Raval, Lance Shaw, Bhupinder Singh, Greg Todd

Pretty predictable.

Canterbury Wizards:
Corey Anderson, Todd Astle, Hamish Bennett, Dean Brownlie, Andrew Ellis, Peter Fulton, Rob Nicol, Michael Papps, Richard Sherlock, Shanan Stewart, Reece Young

Pretty predictable, Richard Sherlock's the only real random.

Central Stags:
Doug Bracewell, Brendon Diamanti, Jamie How, Peter Ingram, Michael Mason, Mitchell McClenaghan, Tarun Nethula, Brad Patton, Mathew Sinclair, Kruger van Wyk, Tim Weston

Pretty predictable, Tarun Nethula's moved from Auckland though.

Northern Knights:
Graeme Aldridge, Jono Boult, Trent Boult, Anton Devcich, Daniel Flynn, James Marshall, Peter McGlashan, Michael Parlane, Bradley Scott, Brad Wilson, Joseph Yovich

Pretty predictable... again. Jono Boult the only real new name.

Wellington Firebirds:
Josh Brodie, Dewayne Bowden, Matthew Bell, Leighton Burtt, James Franklin, Mark Gillespie, Cameron Merchant, Neal Parlane, Joe Austin-Smellie, Luke Woodcock

Nevin not there as Ari said before.

Otago Volts:
Nick Beard, Neil Broom, Anthony Bullick, Ian Butler, Craig Cumming, Derek De Boorder, Shaun Haig, Warren McSkimming, Aaron Redmond, Neil Wagner, Sam Wells

Only random there is Anthony Bullick.

They're all quite predictable. Bhupinder Singh's a new one to me though.
The only real surprise in the Otago contracts is probably Shaun Haig over Derek De Boorder.

Both Shaun Haig and Derek De Boorder have got a contract.
IIRC Bhupinder Singh played quite a few of our FC games last season.

Jono Boult's basically taken Bruce Martin's spot as the spinner when Vettori's away. He's Trent's older brother. But apart from him the ND squad is basically extremely predicatble.

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

They're all quite predictable. Bhupinder Singh's a new one to me though.
The only real surprise in the Otago contracts is probably Shaun Haig over Derek De Boorder.

Both Shaun Haig and Derek De Boorder have got a contract.
IIRC Bhupinder Singh played quite a few of our FC games last season.

lol fail

Singh did play quite a few of the matches, he's probably got the contract since Nethula's moved

Was expecting Milne to be on the contract list. He was pretty impressive in the few FC games he got last season.

He only played at the end of last season because of Central's injury list, iirc Thompson, McClenaghan, Mason, Small and Diamanti were all injured. Given that he's only 18 he was at pretty long odds to pick one up.

Interesting to note that George Worker didn't pick up a contract this year, he hasn't ever really performed during the two seasons of domestic cricket he's been involved in but I wonder if he'll be looking to move elswhere, you'd guess he's getting a little sick of moving up and down the order every game.

Auckland's team looks very good considering the amount of Blackcaps they have, the bowling looks a little light but other then that they look strong. Very happy to see Jimmy Neesham pick up a contract, he's a bloody quality bat and has some pretty decent pace with the ball. Big upgrade over Greg Morgan who has failed to pick one up this season. I would have thought they would have tried to keep Sherlock though.

Northerns is rather predictable as has been said, the only changes from last year being Flynn in for Williamson and Boult in for Martin. I hope ND don't plan on using Boult as a fulltime spinner as he's more of a batsmen then bowler, but given the seam attack we pocess he should be adequate enough. Martin was on the decline anyway. They still have one contract available to give out so it will be interesting to see who get's that, I don't think Te Ahu Davis will pick it up either. It will come down to Andrew Matheson or Anurag Verma imo, unless they decide to bring someone in.

Wellington's team again is rather predictable, disappointing that Boam missed out when someone like Bowden still picks one up.

Canterbury have done well imo, they've lost plenty of players this off-season but they still look to have a pretty decent squad. It looks like they've gone for pure pace in the bowling department to combat the real flat tracks down there.

Otago again pretty predictable, although I rather surprised that Darren Broom hasn't picked one up. They've still got one place left so we might see him pick the last one up but I reckon they're going after another bowler. Perhaps James Fuller?

From those 11 players (plus Hopkins), this is the line-up I can best come up with:

1. Jeet Raval
2. Greg Todd
3. Johann Myburgh
4. Gareth Hopkins (c/wk)
5. Andrew De Boorder
6. Anaru Kitchen
7/8. Colin De Grandhomme
7/8. Jimmy Neesham (or Andre Adams)
9. Roneel Hira/Bhupinder Singh
10. Lance Shaw
11. Michael Bates

Plus:

Martin Guptill, Tim McIntosh, Kyle Mills, Daryl Tuffey and Andre Adams.

Anyone know if Vincent's going to be back or not???

Users who are viewing this thread