New Zealand Domestic Season

I thought I read when it was somewhere yesterday, but completely forgot when it is, and can't remember where I saw it... I may of been dreaming.

Yes I thought I did too and can't remember the details but I think they have to wait to see if all their international players accept their contracts and then they can start choosing/announcing their players

Yes I thought I did too and can't remember the details but I think they have to wait to see if all their international players accept their contracts and then they can start choosing/announcing their players

Yeah that's right. Although usually they have a pretty fair idea on who will pick up a national contract for the current season so you'd assume they'ed almost be done aswell.

Gay. :facepalm
He's like the fifth player to leave us in the last two years.
Nicol, McKay, Martin, Young, Styris... Who's next?
McKay didn't play so I don't really care about him, but the other four were all first team regulars.

Probably not a huge loss for Auckland tbh, he will be spending most the summer with the Black Caps.

Gay.
He's like the fifth player to leave us in the last two years.
Nicol, McKay, Martin, Young, Styris... Who's next?
McKay didn't play so I don't really care about him, but the other four were all first team regulars.

auckland always has the best players, we'll get someone else to play. I think Colin de Grandhomme will be important player for the aces now. ;)

Styris moving to ND really strengthens our batting which has been our weak point (apart from Williamson). In the bowling we have a number of good bowlers, Arnel, Southee, Boult, Aldridge, Scott, Martin, Yovich and Vettori, so even if Arnel, Southee and Vettori get called up we still have good bowlers to replace them. Our batting before was just Williamson though. And I suppose Watling.

Grant Elliott is the new captain of Wellington, and Jeetan Patel is vicecaptain. Doesn't really make much sense seeing as they'll be away on international duty for a decent amount of the time.

Also, Andre Adams is coming back to play for Auckland in all formats.

The regions are also looking at overseas players for the T20 too. I think Otago was looking at Tait?

Also, Andre Adams is coming back to play for Auckland in all formats.
Big boost that!

And I haven't heard much about overseas players yet, Tait would be good as we probably have the best Batting but Worst/ one of the worst bowling.

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

NZ ‘A’ Squad

The following squad will contest the Emerging players tournament being held in Australia in August, which also involves teams from Australia, India, and South Africa. Teams will play four Twenty20 and four ODI matches.

Brent ARNEL
Michael BATES
Neil BROOM
Colin DEGRANDHOMME
Brendon DIAMANTI
Daniel FLYNN
Peter INGRAM
Tim MCINTOSH
Rob NICOL
Aaron REDMOND
Shanan STEWART
Neil WAGNER
Luke WOODCOCK
Reece YOUNG

:D

Old news but I never knew!

There was something in the papers this morning about overseas players I think

Grant Elliott is the new captain of Wellington, and Jeetan Patel is vicecaptain. Doesn't really make much sense seeing as they'll be away on international duty for a decent amount of the time.

I read this in the Cricinfo article regarding Elliott's appointment:

Elliott, 31, has little captaincy experience at the senior level

So an already struggling Wellington have picked a captain who doesn't really know how to captain a side at senior level. Not sure about that. At least he'll be away most of the time.

Wagner's always been in the NZ A teams. The rest of the squad looks good, though I don't really like Diamanti. He and de Grandhomme are kinda bits and pieces players

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I read this in the Cricinfo article regarding Elliott's appointment:

So an already struggling Wellington have picked a captain who doesn't really know how to captain a side at senior level. Not sure about that. At least he'll be away most of the time.

I think he captained in South Africa as an U-19?

With a New Zealand A tour and domestic cricket season just around the corner, a winter training squad has been put together to put a number of players through their paces to ensure they are fit and ready to compete on the international and domestic stage.

Winter Training Squad

Derek de Boorder
Sam Wells
Jeet Raval
Andrew Matheson
Josh Brodie
Nick Beard
Anaru Kitchen
Colin De Grandhomme
Dean Brownlie
Michael Bates
Adam Milne
Bevan Small
Neil Wagner
Andrew de Boorder
James Neesham
Daniel Flynn
Shanan Stewart
Trent Boult
Luke Woodcock

More old news I never knew about. I think one more of these guys will be added to the NZ A squad.

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Wagner's always been in the NZ A teams.
Well why do people keep saying he hasn't been in the country long enough? Anyway I like the squad but bowling is very thin as usual

He can still play for the A teams if he hasn't been here long enough...

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Lot of up and coming talent in the training squad :yes

Users who are viewing this thread