New Zealand Domestic Season

You would think that they both are. That would be pretty cool if they played over there. Though Andrew could be one for the future in NZ as well

Some great innings going on today all around th country.Northerns bowling looks very slim witout their backcaps, Bradley Scott is hardly an opening bowler, His brother got me out on saturday, just thought I'd add that... :D

Yea, without Southee and Arnel due to international commitments and Boult because of injury, there's only really Aldridge. But very high scores right round the country. Franklin scores another century, he's going to become another Sinclair ><

Doesn't help when the bowling attacks are popgun like either.

Northern have Boult back which improves their bowling despite their three best bowlers being in the Black caps - Central all out for 217. Though it was the elder Boult who took the most wickets. I laughed when I saw during the test match that Hamish Marshall had figures of 2-0 haha.

Papps got his century before lunch but no one else did anything with Bates bowling well. Maybe he should replace Martin in the Black Caps...

And Jesse Ryder has returned to FC cricket :D On 56* at the moment

Yay Ryder got a ton. Good stuff! Good to see Boult back and Sherlock too. H Marshall with 2 wickets is a bit of an embarrassment. Oh dear.

Bates could be given a go. He's had a pretty good season. He didn't look anything special in the T20s but if he keeps getting wickets he deserves a chance. Martin has got to go.

Papps 104 and 180, nice, hopefully he keeps pushing for a test spot!
Wellington set Otago 600 for victory, doesn't look enough :spy
Oh yeah, and Ingram shows that he can score big against a weak attack :facepalm

Nicely done ND. What a way to win the Plunket Shield. The fact that Ingram can go from flop at international level to smashing a ton in domestic FC cricket shows what a unreliable guide domestic form is.

Least Auckland didn't finish last. :laugh

Last edited:
Should I be extremely worried that Ryder bowled 0.4 overs

So are Thompson, Jones and Bond the only three players to retire over the off-season so far, or has any other domestic/international players retired as well???

Yep as far as I know. Most don't really announce it.

Users who are viewing this thread