New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

See thats what swing can do. Symonds looking more dangerous than Johnson already. What a ball to Taylor almost had him out. Looked out live but awesome call by Rudi.

Australia will bowl out NZ before 180. They need to win this test.

i thought that wasnt out as soon as it happened
but i thought the umpire was gona give it
thats my lack of faith in the umpires
but rudi made a brilliant call, thank god coz i would of gone nuts
cmon taylor & flynn keep going

NZ scored 99 runs and lost 4 wickets in 1st session,now NZ trail by 106 runs with 6 wickets remaining,so now 2nd session will be interesting,if Aus can get 2-3 wickets then possibly they might even come to bat in last session,but if NZ survives and get even 70-80 runs and they dont loose any wicket that session will belong to NZ

Great umpiring by Rudi. He's made a few great decisions now despite the typical Australian over-appealing. Aussies really try put pressure on the umpires.

Great session of test cricket. Runs and wickets. What more could the spectator want?

NZ Wise I think that was our session. It's in the balance (it could have gone a lot worse and I expected worse after Lee and Clark's bowling last night). When you look at the scorecard it doesn't seem like it but our openers are weak and the top order has always been a problem. More runs come from our lower order. With 101 runs in the session and really only the wickets of Ryder and McCulum we're well placed. Taylor needs to post a hundred. That would be fantastic.

There's nothing wrong with the pitch, it's a belter and the out field is lightning. How Australia didn't get more runs yesterday is beyond me.

It's a shame Ryder got out to such a horrid ball. He looked great, I was enjoying watching him. McCullum too, bad luck, he got done by a good ball.

Last edited:
Ah it's good to be back home with Lee performing. Huge wicket of NZ best batsmen, now over to their 3rd in Vettori.

I do hope Lee averages under 20 with the ball in this series. He is such a good bowler and deserves an under 30 average

There's nothing wrong with the pitch, it's a belter and the out field is lightning. How Australia didn't get more runs yesterday is beyond me.
If the outfield was lightning yesterday, there could have been no way Symonds scored that 8, the ball would have made the boundary.

NZ should at least try to get to 200,and minimize the difference,Lee is bowling well.

Watson starting to look much better with the ball. Now if only he could work on his batting as he will be very handy at 6 and he has the FC average so he shouldn't be averaging so low.

just wait for the bad ball you idiot
dont try play a big straight drive of a length delivery
cmon dan the man

Nice tight bowling by Watson, deserved that wicket as he had a few tight LBW calls.

aussie1st added 8 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Johnson. Punter looks to have lost faith in him, first bowling Watson as 1st change and now giving Watson more overs than him.

Great to see Lee is back in form, Watson is consistently picking up wickets in tests which is a great thing but he'd need to fire with his bat to cement his spot in the team. Johnson and Clark have also bowled well and now the pressure is on the Kiwis. If they can somehow manage to get to 200 here, I say they would have a good chance in this match.

khalek added 2 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

And 7th wicket falls, it's Mr. Pressure Vettori who's out. Now NZ can hope Southee and Mills can put up good partnerships with Flynn who's well settled now.

Users who are viewing this thread