New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Haha, Johnson what a legend. He's brought Martin at the crease and I dont know how long he'll be sticking in there.

At last we have a use for Johnson pace. The Kiwi tail is falling like flies to him. Southee was confident enough to try and smash him as was Vettori. Don't know how Johnson does it.
Anyway he should improve his batting so that we can play him as a batting all rounder that bowls at the tail.

Clark is losing his aura, the Kiwis haven't had much trouble playing him and his pace is down about 5km/h.

There you go, Martin got bowled by Clark. What a disappointing batting performance from NZ. Even if they bowl well to restrict Australia before 200, I dont think they can win this match in these conditions. Lets see what happens, this is turning out to be an interesting match.

Oh well, we still destroyed Aussie top order. I'm happy with that no matter the result.

We're still in it, just have to do it again (which I don't see happening)

We were never going to chase Aussie's second innings unless we made 300, which with this batting line-up won't happen.

At least Flynn finally looks decent at this level.

I thought we'd at least make 200, but too many thrown away wickets to quite average bowling.

The problem is we never bat well first innings and whenever we're in front we squander it because expectation goes on them.

I know the West Indies are no Australia but New Zealand seriously have to be worried about that series too. The batting is looking weak atm.

There is potential in the NZ batting lineup, just need some of their players to stop playing stupid shots. Still neither side has really stood up with the bat so hard to read much into the NZ batting.

Wow, I couldn't believe me ears when my dad told me we had bowled them out today already. Good to see Binga and Clark in the wickets, how did they bowl? And did Symonds bowl as the main spinner?

I'm gonna miss Haydos and Katich go at it as I got cricket training :(

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Gone first ball :eek:

wow Martin, hes probably mad because it took the Aussies longer than one ball to get him out.

Hmmm maybe it's time Hayden calls it a day. Hes starting to get less and less consistent of late.

id give him a few more tests. he just came back from a injury and it might take a little time to find his form but with the Safers coming in Australia might have to look at someone else.

id give him a few more tests. he just came back from a injury and it might take a little time to find his form but with the Safers coming in Australia might have to look at someone else.

Oh I'm not calling for him to be dropped but Hayden must be thinking his time is coming. If he feels he can return to the form he had pre injury then he'll definitely get the summer but if not he should call it a day.

Oh I'm not calling for him to be dropped but Hayden must be thinking his time is coming. If he feels he can return to the form he had pre injury then he'll definitely get the summer but if not he should call it a day.

a I misunderstood your post.

Users who are viewing this thread